Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Ease my Pain...The Clicks...

Boyd e2
11 11.2k 11 Wales
9 May 2007 11:04PM

Quote:I bet you could make me look real purdy with all dem pixel fingies

I would be surprised if Keith has ever faced a more difficult photographic challenge.
Wink

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

sut68 e2
11 2.0k 76 England
9 May 2007 11:09PM
And to think I had time for you Boyd Wink

[Has he been showing you some of his shots of me ????]
RogBrown e2
8 3.0k 10 England
9 May 2007 11:15PM

Quote:the challenge to improve so one can obtain higher clicks helps the learning process to become an ever greater photographer. it's great motivation and i know i have certainly improved and learnt a heck of a lot of priceless skills.

But don't you think it's tempting to take the sort of shots you know are going to do well just to get the clicks. Like really gloomy. AdeMcFade says take your camera to a waterfall on a gloomy day with 5 stops of ND & you'ld have to make a real cockup not to get a RC.
looboss e2
8 3.1k 7 United Kingdom
9 May 2007 11:21PM
At the moment I am trying everything, from hdr shots to landscapes and flowers etc. my clicks or votes go up and down like a jojo I don't mind, it's all good fun
MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
9 May 2007 11:22PM

Quote:AdeMcFade says take your camera to a waterfall on a gloomy day with 5 stops of ND & you'ld have to make a real cockup not to get a RC.

.... but he tells lies .....
MrsS e2
8 4.5k 18 England
9 May 2007 11:35PM
EDIT - -LOL no guarantee to get an RC - down to the great British public!!! ;-P

Fran x
stix e2
10 924 87 United Kingdom
10 May 2007 12:11AM
Ok John you got me looking at a figure I didnt know existed.
while I was looking I tried comparing the number of clicks for my last 32 uploads to the number of clicks for my first 32 uploads. I'm pleased to report the number has gone up by 410% . I think that means i'm improving Smile
Martin
RosaB e2
7 61 2 Greece
10 May 2007 7:59AM
Perhaps someone can tell me if the number of views are different members viewing or the number of times it is viewed? For instance I can only click on a picture once but I often go back to view it again and see if any more comments have been added or just to admire it!!! Are all my extra views counted again?
As I am not an E2 member yet I can't give you my percentages!
Rosalie
Sabreur e2
9 767 England
10 May 2007 8:07AM

Quote:Perhaps someone can tell me if the number of views are different members viewing or the number of times it is viewed

I think Ben said recently that it is the number of times viewed, not the number of different people viewing.
RosaB e2
7 61 2 Greece
10 May 2007 10:47AM
If this is the case then I shouldn't worry about it jjmills. Also does it count the viewings of non registered people who can't vote anyway? Perhaps someone from the epz team could tell us more!
I've looked at your portfolio and it is far superior to many I've seen that have more clicks but of course we can't tell how many viewings they have had!
Rosalie
dougv e2
10 8.4k 3 England
10 May 2007 11:19AM
I think Ben replied to someones query the other day about statistics.
It should be around somewhere.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that only logged on people are counted as viewing, and a revisit is not counted as a view.
Neither is viewing your own photo.
Only registered users can vote on a photo, but you can't vote on your own.

You could always use the Contact Us link to ask the question.
Smile

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.