Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Easter in Zimbabwe

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidbailie
    davidbailie e2 Member 11451 forum postsdavidbailie vcard United Kingdom6 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Mar 2008 - 10:34 AM

Received this from a relative of mine in Zimbabwe - He has not complained specifically in the last ten years just gives me the facts (perhaps he's keeping his head below the parapet - smart thinking I'd say) anyway this is his latest and very brief missive - yes m=million !

"well folks, still alive, emails very expensive 3m per min and the connections are not the greatest petrol now up to 46m a litre and an egg varies from 3.5 up to 7m each - had my 5 hundred million to pay for the flight to Bulawayo, only to have my hopes shattered (after the booking was confirmed with references) to be told that the flights were now 2 billion 4 hundred million etc so I'm spending it in Harare - anyway will chomp my hot cross bun of 8m hope to fine a raisin that is if it has not been pinched - well have a blessed Easter keep smiling "

Last Modified By davidbailie at 21 Mar 2008 - 10:37 AM
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Mar 2008 - 10:34 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

rowarrior
    rowarrior  64350 forum posts Scotland9 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Mar 2008 - 11:28 AM

When I was in South Africa last year, one of my colleagues was from Zim and he was telling us stories of he and his cousins going back for weddings and things with big rucksacks full of money, also of the day when the government just decided to knock the last 3 zeros off every note, so people had to cross them out before they spent them - totally nuts!

Hope your cousin finds his raisin though Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.