Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

eBook published for iPad

dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
27 Jan 2013 7:59PM
Over Christmas with the weather being poor I decided to have a go at producing an eBook for my iPad using iBooks Author. The book uses my images from last years holiday to Tuscany and includes information about how I went about capturing them. This was more of an experiment for me in creating a book but I have now published it as a free download to the iBookstore and would love some feedback if anyone has an iPad and can be bothered to take a look.

The book is titled "Holiday Travel Photography" and can be downloaded here .

Thanks.

Darren.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
9 6.4k 18 England
27 Jan 2013 8:08PM
The front cover looks good on the iTunes store but as I do not have an iPad I cannot download it.
Coast e2
6 1.5k 292 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2013 8:32PM
To be fair I haven't read it cover to cover but speed read it and took in all the photos.

For a first attempt at a book I say well done. It was an easy read with lots of tips and thoughtful reminders. Some lovely photos in there with a mix of holiday snaps, holiday record shots and quality images that would sit well in any travel magazine. I felt it captured the essence of holiday travel photography for the keen amateur/novice.

Good layout and I liked the scroll feature to go through a number of photos within the same text page. If you managed that as a bit of a whim and holiday project then think what you could do with a pre-planned project and taking your time over it. Good work.
steve_p e2
9 1.1k England
27 Jan 2013 8:50PM
Excellent work, quite inspiring really! I think the previous post sums it up nicely.
ade123 e2
2 208 1 United Kingdom
27 Jan 2013 8:50PM
Hi Darren
I have just downloaded the book and had a look through it and congratulations on producing
a great iBook.The layout is very good and easy on the eye to navigate through,the photos are
Excellent especially your last landscape (I felt like I could jump through my iPad screen).
The book is vey informative along with telling the story of the holiday.
I am looking forward to reading all of the book and look forward to any other books you decide to create.
Regards Adrian
dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
27 Jan 2013 9:07PM
Thanks a lot guys really appreciate you taking the time to have a look and obviously your comments are encouraging, I may even produce another one this year Grin

For anyone with a Mac and an iPad I can say that the free iBooks Author App makes creating a book like this quite easy.

Thanks again.

Darren.
Just wish they would create a Windows based iBook Author (or similar) for all of us who have iPads, but windows PCs/laptops
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Jan 2013 9:50PM
27 Jan 2013 10:06PM

Quote:Magcloud ?

http://www.magcloud.com/create

http://www.magcloud.com/learn

Cheers Paul.

I havent checked out MagCloud before, so will have a nosey
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Jan 2013 10:15PM
There are free mags to download as well Smile

Here`s one

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/444217
27 Jan 2013 10:16PM
So if we donít have an iPad we canít see your book, is that right? Would PDF not be a better bet?
dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
27 Jan 2013 10:22PM
Yes your right, an oversight maybe but as I said this was not a commercial exercise and so I was happy with it being iPad only sorry. The multimedia aspects available to you in an ebook such as slideshows, video etc prevent it working as a pdf and as much as I don't really like reading electronic books generally, I do think for photography they present some great benefits.

Darren.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Jan 2013 10:39PM
So you have to install Itunes to see it.
dathersmith e2
7 550 12 England
27 Jan 2013 10:42PM
You view it in iBooks on the iPad Paul.

Darren.
Paul Morgan e2
13 16.1k 6 England
27 Jan 2013 10:46PM
Yeh I was trying to get it to Calibre on my Pc.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.