Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

eBook published for iPad

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
dathersmith
dathersmith e2 Member 7550 forum postsdathersmith vcard England12 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 7:59 PM

Over Christmas with the weather being poor I decided to have a go at producing an eBook for my iPad using iBooks Author. The book uses my images from last years holiday to Tuscany and includes information about how I went about capturing them. This was more of an experiment for me in creating a book but I have now published it as a free download to the iBookstore and would love some feedback if anyone has an iPad and can be bothered to take a look.

The book is titled "Holiday Travel Photography" and can be downloaded here.

Thanks.

Darren.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
27 Jan 2013 - 7:59 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96291 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 8:08 PM

The front cover looks good on the iTunes store but as I do not have an iPad I cannot download it.

Coast
Coast Critique Team 61010 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom292 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 8:32 PM

To be fair I haven't read it cover to cover but speed read it and took in all the photos.

For a first attempt at a book I say well done. It was an easy read with lots of tips and thoughtful reminders. Some lovely photos in there with a mix of holiday snaps, holiday record shots and quality images that would sit well in any travel magazine. I felt it captured the essence of holiday travel photography for the keen amateur/novice.

Good layout and I liked the scroll feature to go through a number of photos within the same text page. If you managed that as a bit of a whim and holiday project then think what you could do with a pre-planned project and taking your time over it. Good work.

steve_p
steve_p  81096 forum posts England
27 Jan 2013 - 8:50 PM

Excellent work, quite inspiring really! I think the previous post sums it up nicely.

ade123
ade123 e2 Member 1163 forum postsade123 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 8:50 PM

Hi Darren
I have just downloaded the book and had a look through it and congratulations on producing
a great iBook.The layout is very good and easy on the eye to navigate through,the photos are
Excellent especially your last landscape (I felt like I could jump through my iPad screen).
The book is vey informative along with telling the story of the holiday.
I am looking forward to reading all of the book and look forward to any other books you decide to create.
Regards Adrian

dathersmith
dathersmith e2 Member 7550 forum postsdathersmith vcard England12 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 9:07 PM

Thanks a lot guys really appreciate you taking the time to have a look and obviously your comments are encouraging, I may even produce another one this year Grin

For anyone with a Mac and an iPad I can say that the free iBooks Author App makes creating a book like this quite easy.

Thanks again.

Darren.

paulcookphotography

Just wish they would create a Windows based iBook Author (or similar) for all of us who have iPads, but windows PCs/laptops

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315219 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 9:50 PM

Magcloud ?

http://www.magcloud.com/create
http://www.magcloud.com/learn

Last Modified By Paul Morgan at 27 Jan 2013 - 10:00 PM
paulcookphotography

Quote: Magcloud ?

http://www.magcloud.com/create

http://www.magcloud.com/learn

Cheers Paul.

I havent checked out MagCloud before, so will have a nosey

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1315219 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
27 Jan 2013 - 10:15 PM

There are free mags to download as well Smile

Here`s one

http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/444217

samueldilworth
27 Jan 2013 - 10:16 PM

So if we donít have an iPad we canít see your book, is that right? Would PDF not be a better bet?

dathersmith
27 Jan 2013 - 10:22 PM

Yes your right, an oversight maybe but as I said this was not a commercial exercise and so I was happy with it being iPad only sorry. The multimedia aspects available to you in an ebook such as slideshows, video etc prevent it working as a pdf and as much as I don't really like reading electronic books generally, I do think for photography they present some great benefits.

Darren.

Paul Morgan
27 Jan 2013 - 10:39 PM

So you have to install Itunes to see it.

dathersmith
27 Jan 2013 - 10:42 PM

You view it in iBooks on the iPad Paul.

Darren.

Paul Morgan
27 Jan 2013 - 10:46 PM

Yeh I was trying to get it to Calibre on my Pc.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.