Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EC Awards

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rogerbryan
    rogerbryan e2 Member 9397 forum postsrogerbryan vcard United Kingdom
    30 Aug 2004 - 10:33 PM

I know this subject has been raised many time before but I not sure if this idea has surfaced previously. I realise that the EC awards are awarded by Pete for photos that he thinks are desrving of that award. it would he helpful both to the photographers whos image has received an award, and to others who may be trying emulate award winners, if Pete could critique photos that he has given an award to.
    I know Pete is busy and this will take him a little bit of time, but would anyone else be interested to know why any particular image has received an EC.

Roger

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    30 Aug 2004 - 10:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Take-a-View
    30 Aug 2004 - 11:03 PM

Yes I agree Roger that a brief comment from Pete as to why he chose a particular photo would be helpful.

Ian

park my ferret
    30 Aug 2004 - 11:17 PM

I presume you require a comment in those cases when you don't agree with his choice, as in most editors choices it's obvious why a particular photo was chosen.
    I must admit sometimes I'm more bemused as to why some photos don't get one than why those that do ... do! but surely that comes down to Petes personal preferances. Our preferences are shown by us clicking a pic that we like, but theres no reason you shouldn't give criticism where necessary if you don't agree with petes choices

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318436 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2004 - 8:23 AM

I would hope that people don't try to emulate awards because often now when I've given an award for a particular style/idea/technique/subject I may not give another for a direct copy. Shots of the moon, for example, have now been done to death. I do try an comment when I have time but sometimes there's nothing to say other than... "superb shot!"

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139392 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    31 Aug 2004 - 8:55 AM

{Yawn}

The subject of EC awards has certainly been done to death!! It would be good if people did a search on the topic before posting new threads about it.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.