Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

eCommerce software recommendations?

newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 1:36PM
I was wondering if any folks who build websites for themselves or others here had experience of any of the eCommerce software packages and frameworks out there.

I'm looking for something in the 'mid range' - I've built small scale stuff using php and simple paypal integration and very large-scale sites at the other end of the scale, so I'm happy with the concepts but could now do with taking one of the small scales sites slightly larger without getting into crazy budgets.

Ideally, I'd be after something that provided secure and flexible payment gateway integration and cart functionality while leaving the design of the site, HTML, CSS, etc and choice of hosting totally to me. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Henchard 9 2.7k 1 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 1:39PM
Personally when I was needing my own online shopping site I found

mals Shopping cart very good.

The free version did all that I needed including keeping credit card numbers on a secure server for me to process later.

I successfully integrated it into a php shopping site and I'm no expert on websites.
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 1:47PM
I've built a couple of websites on the osCommerce platform, including PhotoDimension . It is widely used, very configurable and well supported (though answers are not always as quick as on ePz).

As long as are able to follow instructions it is perfectly possible to amend the installation without any real php experience.

Ian

edit - best of all it is totally free. It also supports a wide range of payment gateways.
rheyes 10 73 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 2:06PM
You could also have a look at magento commerce .

Richard
User_Removed 10 17.9k 8 Norway
2 Nov 2009 5:47PM
Bookmarking...
newfocus 8 644 2 United Kingdom
2 Nov 2009 5:55PM
Thanks folks. Some handy suggestions. I'm taking a look at osCommerce for starters.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.