Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ecuadorian Embassy: should the government forcibly enter?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

muzzeyman
muzzeyman  10293 forum posts United Kingdom
16 Aug 2012 - 2:49 PM

P.S those who want him extradited are scared of the knowledge he posseses. Something we've know for years is that Politicans on the whole are lying cheating scheming toads who will stop at nothing to protect their dirty little secrets. Just my own opinion anyway!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
16 Aug 2012 - 2:49 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

thewilliam
16 Aug 2012 - 4:27 PM

It's not like our government to operate double standards, is it?

mikehit
mikehit  56545 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2012 - 4:32 PM

Absolutely not. I remember how well Robin Cook's 'Ethical foreign policy' worked out Tongue

monstersnowman
16 Aug 2012 - 5:51 PM

It's a bit like the human rights law thing and whether we should back out of the European human rights legislation we signed up for - if we don't adhere to a human rights legislation we helped to create and agreed to then how can we pressure other countries to respect human rights ... In this case if we don't respect our own laws relating to this then it puts every single embassy around e world in danger. I won't even get into the rights and wrongs of Assange, as like the rest of us here, whether we like it or not, I don't know the realities and truth involved and we are only speculating from a position of bias when deciding what to believe. So no we can't just burst into a foreign embassy unless we are prepared for the potential repercussions now and in the future. I for one don't think he is worth it, whatever side of the Assange fence you sit on.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139498 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2012 - 6:48 PM

Assange will probably be arrested the moment he steps out of the Ecuadorian Embassy. I suspect the threat to go in to the embassy is just that - a threat.

Last Modified By Carabosse at 16 Aug 2012 - 6:49 PM
mikehit
16 Aug 2012 - 6:57 PM

It may well have been a veiled statement that Ecuador could not give Assange diplomatic status and openly drive him to the airport.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139498 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
16 Aug 2012 - 6:58 PM

At some point, Assange would have to step out of any vehicle in which he is driven. At that point he could be arrested.

thewilliam
16 Aug 2012 - 8:08 PM

What if Assange travels to the airport in a diplomatic bag?

Carabosse
16 Aug 2012 - 8:11 PM

Quote: What if Assange travels to the airport in a diplomatic bag?

He'll probably suffocate! Grin

gcarth
gcarth e2 Member 102290 forum postsgcarth vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 10:33 AM

Quote: P.S those who want him extradited are scared of the knowledge he posseses. Something we've know for years is that Politicans on the whole are lying cheating scheming toads who will stop at nothing to protect their dirty little secrets. Just my own opinion anyway!

And I agree totally with your opinion - an opinion that is also held by many other thinking beings - you only have to read the comments columns in papers like the "Independent". Wink

The vast majority of the media are obsessed with commenting on the issue of Assange's alleged sexual assault and it is clear as crystal to anyone with half a brain that this is out of all proportion and merely serves as a diversionary tactic to avoid facing the truly terrible crimes that the US and UK governments are trying to keep under wraps.
Governments and big business have enormous control and influence over the media and let's remember that there is according to a certain Mr.Greenslade, an Intelligence expert, a spy or intelligence agent in just about every branch of the media.

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
31 Aug 2012 - 10:50 AM

Where did the post with a link to the newspaper article (was it the Independent?) go to?

It said something like 'this makes interesting reading'.

Carabosse
31 Aug 2012 - 10:53 AM

Quote: there is a UK law that allows them to disregard diplomatic status, but should this be invoked to arrest and extradite Julian Assange?

They have no intention whatsoever of entering the embassy. It's all part of a diplomatic game of chess. Wink

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014152 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
31 Aug 2012 - 10:58 AM

Quote: Where did the post with a link to the newspaper article (was it the Independent?) go to?

It said something like 'this makes interesting reading'.

Nothing deleted in this thread - possibly on a diifferent thread.

MODERATOR POST
mikehit
31 Aug 2012 - 11:06 AM

Quote: Where did the post with a link to the newspaper article (was it the Independent?) go to?

You mean this one?

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/could-it-be-a-scam-by-julian-assange---98...

Gudgeon
Gudgeon  7128 forum posts England
31 Aug 2012 - 11:32 AM

That's the one, thanks.
Hadn't realised there were 2 threads on the go. Paranoia setting in obviously. Wink

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.