Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ed lens f mount

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    highmi1
    highmi1  5 United Kingdom
    27 Feb 2012 - 8:00 PM

hi, new to this, but isd a ed lens with an f mount compatible with a nikon d80 camera

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    27 Feb 2012 - 8:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    27 Feb 2012 - 10:59 PM

full Nikon compat chart

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Feb 2012 - 11:21 AM

Pretty much all Nikon camera bodies are F mounts.....Thats as far back as the 50s right through to today....Grin

The " ED " part is refering to a particular lens element used in the construction of the optics, A lens with " ED " elements will be better quality, Than one that does not have ED elements.

The referance ED makes absolutely no differance to the " Camera to Lens Mount " To that end an F mount lens will fit your D80, Be it an ED type or not, Be it DX or FX ( Full or cropped sensor type ) .......Grin

annettep38
    annettep38 e2 Member 3187 forum postsannettep38 vcard France32 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Mar 2012 - 7:07 PM

Quote: full Nikon compat chart

excellent, thought I have been round that site several times I never found this chart. Really useful

66tricky
    66tricky  7742 forum posts Scotland
    7 Mar 2012 - 12:43 AM

Quote: Pretty much all Nikon camera bodies are F mounts.....Thats as far back as the 50s right through to today....Grin

The " ED " part is refering to a particular lens element used in the construction of the optics, A lens with " ED " elements will be better quality, Than one that does not have ED elements.

The referance ED makes absolutely no differance to the " Camera to Lens Mount " To that end an F mount lens will fit your D80, Be it an ED type or not, Be it DX or FX ( Full or cropped sensor type ) .......Grin

NB..a Pre-AI F mount with photomic fork will not mount onto a D80 as, IIRC, the fork fouls on the flash overhang.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.