Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Editing Apps For Android Tablets

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Sylviwhalley
    Sylviwhalley e2 Member 797 forum postsSylviwhalley vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2014 - 5:28 PM

Help please, Can anybody reccomend a good free or cheap app for editing on an Android tablet. I use Photoshop on the PC, and would like an app for my newly aquired tablet. I realise I would not get the same tools etc. as in Photoshop, but being able to do some editing on my tablet would free up the P.C for my husband to use!!! Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Feb 2014 - 5:28 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Sooty_1
    Sooty_1 Critique Team 31125 forum posts United Kingdom192 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2014 - 5:33 PM

Don't know if Snapseed is available for android, but if it is, you'll like the amount of control and how intuitive it is to use.

Nick

Ade_Osman
    Ade_Osman e2 Member 114435 forum postsAde_Osman vcard England36 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Feb 2014 - 6:09 PM

Not free, but IMHO the best I've used so far is Photo Mate R2. It costs less than 8.00 and can handle just about any kind of RAW file you care to chuck at it aswell as the more usual Jpeg's etc.

You can download a free limited version just to see how you get on it and whether you like it or not. Works a treat on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and will convert files directly from a memory card reader providing you have the correct patch lead to connect a reader to the Tab.......Recommended!

CTee
    CTee  746 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Feb 2014 - 6:30 PM

Hi,
    you could go for photoshop touch if your tablet meets the spec.
    Have a look at http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-touch.html

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215507 forum posts England
    3 Feb 2014 - 8:22 PM

Yes, snapseed is available on Android, and it's great

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Feb 2014 - 1:19 AM

I have the prosaically named Photo Editor on my tablet. It's a free download.

I'd use it if I was desperate to edit a photo on the tablet for some reason. Can't think of why I'd want to though!

Photo editing software may be more useful on a mobile phone, where you want to take the photo, edit it and immediately upload to social media (Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat).

Sylviwhalley
    Sylviwhalley e2 Member 797 forum postsSylviwhalley vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Feb 2014 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for the info, I'll download Snapseed and give it a go. The P.S one looks O.K. too. I need to do some editing on my tablet as my husband needs time on the P C to do his music recording and other stuff!!!

Sylviwhalley
    4 Feb 2014 - 12:27 PM

Thanks again, I've just got Photoshop Touch from the Amazon App Store, a bit of a problem getting it on to my tablet but after a long conversation with someone from Amazon Success!!!

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Feb 2014 - 1:00 PM

Do give Photo Editor a try as well. It's easy to use.

Don't pay for anything until you've decided what's best for you. Smile

Hugo
    Hugo  9628 forum posts United Kingdom
    4 Feb 2014 - 3:56 PM

On Android 4, best one is the free 'gallery' editor as part of Androd - quite powerful.
    See
    http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57611362-285/get-started-with-android-4.4-ki...

For multi layer work the Photoshop Touch

However....I concluded that they are both annoying after a short while and even a cheap old laptop is much quicker and easier to use.

monstersnowman

Another shout for snapseed .. It isnt the most feature filled but its very enjoyable and intuitive to use.

Carabosse
    4 Feb 2014 - 6:33 PM

In the interests of photographic science (Grin), I've now tried out Snapseed. I have to say it seems extremely limited compared with Photo Editor.

But, on the plus side, very simple to use.

ade_mcfade
    ade_mcfade  1014554 forum posts England216 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Feb 2014 - 8:01 PM

snapseed

cats_123
    cats_123 e2 Member 103956 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland24 Constructive Critique Points
    11 Mar 2014 - 4:59 PM

Just downloaded the snapseed app to my Android. Easy to use and just the job for quick and dirty results. Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.