Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

editing software

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Jestertheclown
30 Nov 2013 - 8:41 PM

Quote: doesnt make it secretive or unhelpful you just cant do it.

Then perhaps they could say so.
This has nothing to do with personal bias and as for buying something else, I already own CS6 and LR5 and have no intention of getting CC, so however helpful or otherwise Adobe choose to be, I shall be unaffected.
I'm merely stating an opinion.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
30 Nov 2013 - 8:41 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72422 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
30 Nov 2013 - 8:49 PM

Somewhat in support of Ade, who seems to be getting attacked for daring to go against the "Adobe sycophantic" flow...I too find PSP an excellent product, from its very early days...and still use it..
Corel's "Pageplus" software is damn good for DTP jobs too..
Our youngest daughter is a graphic designer for a surprisingly large commercial concern, who has gritted teeth opinions of the great god Adobe....

nufc59
nufc59  United Kingdom
30 Nov 2013 - 9:18 PM

ACDsee in very good

Pete_g
Pete_g  9301 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Nov 2013 - 10:07 PM

Personally my view is that if Adobe underestimate the market placement of their product and choose to increase prices considerably in the coming years then they will be pushing users to other software platforms such as PSP purely on a monetary basis. For now they have a package that costs little more than a decent coffee once a week and has some inbuilt packaging that offers a half decent online portfolio service for enthusiast photographers.

I guess time will tell if the subscription model they are aspiring to will generate the loyalty and revenue they require.

For me the new CC product is an interesting development and one which I see as value for money. Many opinions will vary, but each to their own.

Pete

arhb
arhb e2 Member 62053 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
30 Nov 2013 - 11:59 PM

Just in case you didn't read this, here it is again:

Quote: I think the debate has gone off topic !

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 63723 forum postsNick_w vcard England98 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2013 - 12:03 AM

Since when did a topic ever stay on track on EPZ Wink

arhb
arhb e2 Member 62053 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
1 Dec 2013 - 12:13 AM

I'll have to get back to you on that one Nick Smile

Pete_g
Pete_g  9301 forum posts United Kingdom
1 Dec 2013 - 11:10 AM

Apologies. Things have clearly moved on since my last visit to EPZ in the forums.
I will be more careful in future Smile
Pete

IOWAndy
IOWAndy  5 United Kingdom
3 Jan 2014 - 4:55 PM

Another issue is the computer used to process it all on. If like me, I am still using a PC that Nelson probably used at Trafalgar and it won't run things like the latest PS or even Elements without running slowly or hanging up but it does play relatively nicely with PSPx4. Having just replaced the camera kit I am reliably informed by t'other half that to go out and purchase a new PC and "photosmart" printer so I can play with the images I produce is a no go. That said PSP does everything I want it to and I'm just saving up the pennies! So unless you got a all singing PC / Mac then perhaps PSPx6 is all that will work anyway. If it ain;t broken don't fix it!

c40uk
c40uk e2 Member 68 forum postsc40uk vcard United Kingdom
3 Jan 2014 - 8:01 PM

by the way i got pspx6 just spend most my time looking at you tube videos now on how to use it , but i`ve watch a few lightshop n ps vids and they work very similar

indemnity
indemnity  5326 forum posts
3 Jan 2014 - 8:32 PM

Best of luck with it. Smile

Mozzytheboy
Mozzytheboy e2 Member 3550 forum postsMozzytheboy vcard United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
3 Jan 2014 - 8:56 PM

Quote: Which is best software for a someone whos not good with comps light room 5 or photoshop elements 12,
also how do people edit the pics do you
shot raw do exposure adjustments, then convert to a jpeg and adjust colours ?
also i wish or would love to see some of the pics people take before and after editing

I've not read all the responses, so aplogies to all if I'm barbling, bumbling or burbling and re-knitting what has already been suggested / recommended.

To the OP:

When you say you are not good with comps; I am guessing you mean the computer you wish to use ... to potentially adjust and edit your images?

The 'best' software to use is the one you are confident with. You DO NOT need to rush out and get a high end editing suite. Use your judgement and take your time to look around. Many software options can be tried for free. This does at least give you a chance to try things out. Play around with basic free software. There is plenty of choice to try out for free. You also need to ask yourself a hundred questions and be prepared to answer them honestly. For example: What photography do you enjoy and what do you want from a finished image; is it to share on websites; to print and look at; to save on your computer and just view and show friends et al?

Your second question asks about editing in / from RAW to JPEG (ish). This part is not easy to answer, again it greatly depends on what YOU want from an image.

I've a few before and afters on my silly wee Wordpress web-blog, which is HERE.

I've probably been no help whatsoever with my babblings but then I am using up bottles of malt that I had for Xmas before I go on a digit Smile

Mozzy

Filmphoto
Filmphoto  2 United Kingdom
14 Jan 2014 - 9:02 AM

Given that adobe are still doing their Photoshop and LR for 10/month I think I would have to recommend it, even though I use neither (ACDSee and PaintShop for me).

However, if you are just starting out, to be honest almost everything you want to do you could do in lightroom with only a very, very occasional trip out to PS.

DJtheDalek

Dont think would of got through uni without 'finding' the adobe suite on the internet Tongue

Gordonsimpson

I first started out using elements. Easy to learn and has many features you will need. Pleny of cheap books out there to help get started.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.