Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

editing software

jemraid 9 42 England
3 Feb 2014 11:29PM
I've used photoshop from version five in 1998 and have seen and tried various versions of PSP as they came along.

I downloaded PSP X6 a few hours ago and was delighted to find that it's up there with CS6 for all the things I would want to use it for, at the moment digital art montages. I like its tabbed images and its software engine is quick even with my 2 gig of ram and 7 images in the line.

I bought into a group licence purchase for CS6 and got it for under 200 I am used to the Photoshop tools and can use the program for what I want to do very quickly. I won't be changing to PSP but it is nice to know that it's there and at a very reasonable price.

Literoom and its clones has been completely eclipsed by PSP and at 1/2 the price, I would recommend it to anyone whose never used an image editing program, it might have a steep learning curve but its well worth persevering with it. Begin by using the simple tools that you already know are there working on a whole image, when you feel the need to alter parts of it the tools to do it are there waiting and are very fast, easy to use and very precise in their application. Most tools have key strokes which makes working it a lot faster, the online help is really good and will take you through things very quickly and concisely.

If PSP brings out a Mac version I think we will see Adobe quickly taking its head out of the clouds.

Jem

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Chris_L e2
1.3k United Kingdom
24 Sep 2014 11:31AM

Quote:Literoom and its clones has been completely eclipsed by PSP and at 1/2 the price

It's important that Adobe have some real competition and that there are credible alternatives to the big apps but "completely eclipsed" is a bold claim; I'd be amazed if they've managed to equal the tools and workflow of Lightroom.
keithh e2
10 23.2k 33 Wallis And Futuna
24 Sep 2014 12:27PM
So Lightroom, which is a clone, and all of its clones, have been eclipsed by a clone?

My head hurts. Wink
24 Sep 2014 12:45PM
War of the clonesTongueGrin
As a beginner I use Photoshop, but some posts from this topic made me extend my view.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.