Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Editor awards… or lack of them

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: OP questions answered
Trev_B
Trev_B e2 Member 7100 forum postsTrev_B vcard England61 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 6:57 PM

I know that the EPZ team are busy however there has not been an award given since Fashion Exposed uploaded on the 2nd of Feb… WinkWinkWink

Trev

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
6 Feb 2014 - 6:57 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

arhb
arhb e2 Member 62052 forum postsarhb vcard United Kingdom67 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 7:17 PM

Would it be such a bad thing if the bar was set higher?
Make it a worthwhile accomplishment.

Not to say that Pete's choices were up to much..... Wink

franken
franken e2 Member 112913 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 7:19 PM

Does it matter?

lawbert
lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 7:26 PM

Quote: Would it be such a bad thing if the bar was set higher?
Make it a worthwhile accomplishment.

Not another bloody Red Squirrel or Osprey that mere mortals cant get near without a suitably long 7k lens and 3k body...let alone the cost of the Osprey or Squirrel location!Tongue

After quite a few years here I would still like the site to appreciate what a tog has achieved with a basic set up....and that includes a basic PP package....Not CS 6 or the likeWink

robthecamman
6 Feb 2014 - 7:56 PM

wats cs6 Smile just trying to be basic Smile

Trev_B
Trev_B e2 Member 7100 forum postsTrev_B vcard England61 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 7:58 PM

Can you honestly say that since the 2nd of february that not one shot, no matter what genre, is worthy of being highlighted as pretty damn good.

Yes I like wildlife and it would be nice to see that area recognised….. but that was not the point I was making.

I am hoping that the new panel will raise the bar and recognise excellence across all genres …. so it's up them to show us they canSmile

Trev

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33366 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:02 PM

There has never been a 'rule' that ECs and HCs have to be awarded daily.
Awards are only one small part of the team's responsibilities, and I know for a fact they are committed to looking at every image uploaded to the galleries.
I am sure they are on top of things.

Malc

Trev_B
6 Feb 2014 - 8:06 PM

I am sure they are Malc… but sometimes a quick dig in the ribs does not do any harmGrinGrinGrinGrinGrin

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 33366 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway22 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:12 PM

I think they're too busy arguing over whose turn it is to buy the chocolate hobnobsGrinGrin

teocali
teocali e2 Member 6191 forum poststeocali vcard England18 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:34 PM

Quote: Can you honestly say that since the 2nd of february that not one shot, no matter what genre, is worthy of being highlighted as pretty damn good.

Yes I like wildlife and it would be nice to see that area recognised….. but that was not the point I was making.

I am hoping that the new panel will raise the bar and recognise excellence across all genres …. so it's up them to show us they canSmile

Trev

Well said, Trev - I totally agree Wink

sherlob
sherlob e2 Member 82202 forum postssherlob vcard United Kingdom119 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:42 PM

I'm guessing we are out of guest editors too?

saltireblue
6 Feb 2014 - 8:47 PM

Quote: I'm guessing we are out of guest editors too?

It was mentioned in a recent thread from the team. They are looking at either a new version of the GE or an alternative. At the moment it has been put on ice until the new format is decided.

Edit;
Read from page 124 to the end here

Last Modified By saltireblue at 6 Feb 2014 - 8:53 PM
lawbert
lawbert  71639 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:56 PM

Quote: I'm guessing we are out of guest editors too?
It was mentioned in a recent thread from the team. They are looking at either a new version of the GE or an alternative. At the moment it has been put on ice until the new format is decided.

Well done for holding the Fort Malc whilst all are at home watching the boxWink Epz is 24/7 and surely managing it so would be a benefit to the business...and quite probably its paying membersWink

I do hope the new format includes more adverts for crap that nobody wantsTongue

As for the awards Trev has raised a very pertinent point....Roll on the Bored Room MeetingSmile

edrhodes
edrhodes  9514 forum posts United Kingdom12 Constructive Critique Points
6 Feb 2014 - 8:57 PM

Quote: Can you honestly say that since the 2nd of february that not one shot, no matter what genre, is worthy of being highlighted as pretty damn good.

Whoever is pressing the button obviously thinks so

saltireblue
6 Feb 2014 - 8:59 PM

I'll put you forward for the graveyard shift then, Paul.TongueGrin

Attention!

This topic is locked.
Reason: OP questions answered