Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Mike_Smith
    Mike_Smith e2 Member 7124 forum postsMike_Smith vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2011 - 12:36 PM

When do you think this new lens will be available the EF 200-400mm f/4L IS USM Extender 1.4. Is this the first time a lens has been produced with a built in TC?
    Interesting bit will be the price !

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    9 Dec 2011 - 12:36 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56487 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2011 - 1:18 PM

No price has been announced as yet but if you think that the Nikon equivalent weighs in at 5 grand that will tell you something.
    I think release of all new models for both Canon and Nikon have been blown out of the water by a combination of the Japanese tsunami and Thai floods.

rogerfry
    rogerfry e2 Member 8509 forum postsrogerfry vcard United Kingdom
    9 Dec 2011 - 2:22 PM

They had one on show at the Canon Pro Solutions event recently, but gave no indication of cost, and also said that it may or may not go into production.

Overread
    Overread  63768 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    9 Dec 2011 - 6:19 PM

Roger was it a working model or a mockup for size?
    I know there were a few mockups for size comparisons and advertising, but I wasn't aware that they'd actually finished making the lens itself, the only offiical info I recall was an announcement that they were going to design and produce the lens.

Further what with the trouble they've had bringing their 300mm-600mm MII lenses to market I suspect that unless they can pull out all the stops this lens's release will miss the olympics which might well result in it being put on the backburner by canon in favour of other releases.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.