Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Eizo ColorEdge CE210W Monitor & Eye-One Display LT Calibration

tywanda46 9 15 1 United Kingdom
12 Jan 2013 2:28AM
Hi Please could someone advice me.
I have a Eizo ColorEdge CE210W monitor & Eye-One Display LT device and want to calibrate my monitor. I do not have a printer but am going to download an ICC profile from an online professional printing site - DS Colour Labs.
I am using the Color Navigator software that comes with the monitor. Could anyone tell me please whether I select Printing or Photography/Graphic Design in the target list?

Many thanks

Jean

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GlennH 9 1.9k 1 France
12 Jan 2013 1:42PM
I'm not too familiar with Color Navigator software, but having just looked at a PDF the primary difference between these calibration profiles appears to be white point (colour of white). For most people's purposes either a native white point or 6500K setting is usually advised. To kick off you could choose the target with the cooler white (6500K), which is what most software packages default to anyway and is probably close to your monitor's native output. You'll always be able to create or change to alternative profiles later.

This is a separate issue to downloading a printing profile. You'll make best use of that if you have software that can softproof (preview) the output colour - Photoshop (full version) or Lightroom 4 for instance.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.