Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Elan Valley - 30th October

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
25 Oct 2005 - 11:47 AM

Rhayader would be the obvious place to meet and maybe leave a few cars. As I usually drive straight through Rhayader, not sure where the car parks are or where would be a good meeting point. Any suggestions??

Also not sure what to do about lunch as there are no pubs as far as I know around the Elan valley circuit but there is a visitor centre, not sure if its still open, it apparently shuts at the end of Oct, not sure if that means literally.

It would be a good chance for anyone who wants to, to visit Gigrin Farm, the red kite feeding station, personally I've done it a few times and haven't got a long enough lens!! Would be nice to see you again Ade and Sue

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Oct 2005 - 11:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

proberts
proberts  10218 forum posts Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Oct 2005 - 12:00 PM

I may be along for this one.Depends on the weather and also if i recieve my camera from the insurance company.
Andrew.

UserRemoved
26 Oct 2005 - 4:03 AM

Weather's looking a little better (Metcheck, Builth Wells) with some suggestion of a bit of sun.

Visitor Centre is open (closes after the following weekend).

I see the main car park is close to the central crossroads, so seem to make sense to aim for there.
"The main car park is where Dark Lane joins Saint Harmon Road, opposite the leisure centre"
Rhayader map

Anyone co-ordinating? Mobiles, etc? Mari?

suzieosman
suzieosman  1066 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Oct 2005 - 10:54 AM

Hi guys, hope you don't mind a couple strays, from over the river, joining you......haven't seen some of you for yonks, so it will be nice to catch up

All the best, don't forget to pray to the Sun God....Sue

Mari
26 Oct 2005 - 1:13 PM

Good idea Mark - some of us are meeting in Brecon to share lifts from there so if anyone coming from down South wants to do the same then its Brecon (meeting place TBA)at about 9ish.

You can all have my mobile number but not putting it up on the site so you can email me for it if you want it.

marill at fsmail.net

Good news about the weather and great news that you and Ade can come, Sue and you Andrew. Look forward to seeing you.

Edit: meeting place in Brecon is Safeways at 9.0'clock and for everyone not meeing in Brecon its Rhayader main car park as suggested by Mark at 10 o'clock

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
26 Oct 2005 - 1:43 PM

Dave has kindly offered me a lift so we should see you in Brecon at 9am ....unless he lets me navigate and it will be more like 10am!!

Rob

UserRemoved
27 Oct 2005 - 3:51 AM

Ooops! See Metcheck has gone from showery/sunny to torrential rain! And when its not torrential (18mm in 3 hours!!), its only heavy rain!

BBC and Met Off show sunny periods and no rain! Someone's wrong - and they all use the same data!

gwyn h
gwyn h  10432 forum posts
27 Oct 2005 - 11:46 AM

Ah, but no rain at all forecast for Southend where bobsy and Dave will end up with bobsy navigating ;o)

Mari
27 Oct 2005 - 11:37 PM

Oh dear Sad

LOL Gwyn!

suzieosman
suzieosman  1066 forum posts United Kingdom
28 Oct 2005 - 12:01 AM

How about Saturday? as it looks better weather wise

Sue

UserRemoved
28 Oct 2005 - 12:27 AM

Whilst not wishing to put a dampener(!) on the suggestion, depends on who you believe! And Metcheck for Builth have been consistent with their model - BBC/Met Off have been gradually moving towards theirs!

gwyn h
gwyn h  10432 forum posts
28 Oct 2005 - 12:53 AM

Despite the unpromising forecast am leaving shortly for a(nother) weekend away, have a good and productive day all, if you do decide to go that is. Weather forecasts have been known to be wrong you know!!

UserRemoved
28 Oct 2005 - 12:59 AM

Good point, Gwyn! And now we have someone to blame............

Mari
28 Oct 2005 - 1:37 AM

To be honest a bit of sun between showers would be just fantastic to bring the colours out (she says optimistically)

Sue, when we originally talked about it, many couldn't make Saturday Sad

flowerted
flowerted e2 Member 10104 forum postsflowerted vcard United Kingdom
28 Oct 2005 - 3:23 AM

will make desision sun morning but looks like a grim forcast so in the the hands of the weather
ted

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.