Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

elements 10

6 Jan 2013 2:57PM
hi I'm having trouble with photoshop when i go to view my photos it will not show any of the thumb nails so i can't see any pictures unless only one of them is displayed can anyone help me

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

6 Jan 2013 3:11PM
Hi Neil, are these thumbnails for raw files? if so you might need the codec for your camera. Go to the website of your camera manufacturer and download the codec.
Adrian
6 Jan 2013 3:30PM
hi thanks adrian for the advice but it also does it for jpeg files to
6 Jan 2013 3:41PM
Could it be the way you have Elements 10 Organizer arranged: eg at the top right of centre are two icons and a button which you can slide. Just maybe you have the button to the right. Click on the left hand icon may solve it? Otherwise go to display and try another such as folders and then go back to thumbnails.
6 Jan 2013 4:01PM
thanks for the advice but nothing i do gets all my photos to display no matter were the slider is and changing folders doesn't work
colin beeley e2
11 1.1k 10 England
6 Jan 2013 5:55PM
when you have organizer open on the left hand side do you click the folder ,then right click and then import to elements organizer ?
6 Jan 2013 6:12PM
Hello Neil, in the Elements organiser click on file, click on watch folders, in the box you should have C:\Users\your name\Pictures\ listed if
not type it in (this is the name of your windows photo folder) also in the same box there is listed "when new files are found in watched folders", click
on the Notify me box, if your images have loaded into the Windows folder they should now appear.
David
6 Jan 2013 6:44PM
thank you david for your advice but i have an iMac and the option watch folders doesn't appear i maybe should have stated this from the start.
6 Jan 2013 7:25PM
Neil, if you google the Adobe website and search for Photoshop elements help/use with iPhoto/MacOS the procedure is explained,
it is all enabled through iphoto, click preferences, set General click, edit photo menu and select In Application select appropriate elements editor
etc, sorry, must learn to use the linky thing.
Hope this helps...David

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.