Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Elements 10

28 May 2012 6:46AM
Hello All. Was wondering if anyone can recommend a good book that goes with Elements 10 which describes a step by step guide, also if anyone can help, been using it a while now and when I have altered a photo, I have now noticed when I go back to the photo it wont let me do further alterations especially depth of field, i.e. the invert tab its not highlighted, sorry but hard to explain, hope you understand me. Thanks Pete

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed 4 299 4 France
28 May 2012 7:30AM
Photoshop Elements 10: The Missing Manual .....I have the elements nine copy...stuart
saltireblue e2
4 4.3k 26 Norway
28 May 2012 9:09AM
Sounds as if you are trying to make changes to a 16bit image, and to enable most of the actions in pse10 you need to go to: Image/Mode
and change it to an 8bit image.
8bit.jpg

HTH

Malc
carper123 e2
3 120 6 United Kingdom
30 May 2012 2:54PM
I had a similar problem when i started elements 10, i got over it by flatting the image, i am probably doing it wrong but it works. ( i am a newbie). Once i had flattened the image all tabs were highlighted. If i am doing this wrong, advice would be appreciated.
cheers
Darryl.
SlowSong e2
6 4.8k 29 England
30 May 2012 3:05PM
I'm sometimes prevented from doing changes because instead of the layer being called Background, it's changed to Layer 0. If that's the case duplicate that layer and flatten it then it should be OK. Sorry if that's a useless bit of info but can't really see your problem from here.
Chris

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.