Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Elements 10 at discount price in UK

Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
28 Nov 2011 12:24PM
Just thought I'd pass along that Curries and Amazon are both selling Photoshop Elements 10 at around 33-5 at present; well worth getting if you've not got any other editing software (regular price is somewhere around 70).

Plus a quick question on my own part in that if Elements 10 is worth getting if one already has Elements 6; sadly most of the marketing on the elements series focuses on the organiser (which in elements I don't use) and on the creative filters with far less to almost no mentions about more mundane and practical controls and applications in the software.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 12:34PM
If you are going from Elements 6 then I would say it is worth buying v10. In v9 they introduced layer masks (finally!!!) and for 33 I think it is a price worth paying: but then again if you use the 3-step workaround for layer masks and do not consider it a burden it may be moot. Also their healing brushes have improved a lot even if they are not up to the standard of PS 'content aware'.
Overread 6 3.9k 18 England
28 Nov 2011 12:36PM
I've been using a layermask addon for ages in elements 6 (I love it) but I was never able to do anything with the layermask itself - like copying or adjusting the mask. Can you do that in the new version of elements - or is it just a basic mask that you can paint into and adjust opacity?
JackAllTog e2
5 4.0k 58 United Kingdom
28 Nov 2011 7:23PM
Wow, this is well worth it I think. I just ordered a copy - many thanks for sharing.
kodachrome 3 530
28 Nov 2011 7:26PM
I have Elements-9 and I am not that impressed. I prefer Windows own PP suite.

Pete
JJGEE 9 6.4k 18 England
28 Nov 2011 7:29PM

Quote:Wow, this is well worth it I think.

I thought that last January when Apple started selling Aperture for 44.99 !
OldTom1 3 69
28 Nov 2011 9:15PM
At that price even though I am on Elements 8 you can't miss it. Just bought it. Glad I looked in.
29 Feb 2012 5:34PM
Have Adobe done anything to address people's complaints about its speed? Elements 8 slows down to a crawl with more than 20k images and the Map pane has never worked, as far as I know.
I usually buy every other version, because there are few useful changes from one version to the next. Adobe upgrade prices are a rip-off, they offered me a discount of 11.91 before VAT. I find it cheaper to buy the full software from places like Amazon.
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
29 Feb 2012 6:48PM
That is partly why I went for LR3 when they advertised it at 70% reduction (about 95) - I had read that the organiser in PSE9 was significantly worse than in PSE8.
Hi
I was using PSE9 for quite a while and thought the upgrade from PSE7 was worth it. I also think the organiser in PSE9 was an improvement. 35 for PSE10 is a bargin. I'm now using a mac so switched to Aperture 3 as i couldn't get PSE9 to work and adobe support didn't want to know. But i do rate elements. I even found it more user friendly than LR3.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.