Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Elements 10 at discount price in UK

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Overread
    Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:24 PM

Just thought I'd pass along that Curries and Amazon are both selling Photoshop Elements 10 at around 33-5 at present; well worth getting if you've not got any other editing software (regular price is somewhere around 70).

Plus a quick question on my own part in that if Elements 10 is worth getting if one already has Elements 6; sadly most of the marketing on the elements series focuses on the organiser (which in elements I don't use) and on the creative filters with far less to almost no mentions about more mundane and practical controls and applications in the software.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

mikehit
    mikehit  56692 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:34 PM

If you are going from Elements 6 then I would say it is worth buying v10. In v9 they introduced layer masks (finally!!!) and for 33 I think it is a price worth paying: but then again if you use the 3-step workaround for layer masks and do not consider it a burden it may be moot. Also their healing brushes have improved a lot even if they are not up to the standard of PS 'content aware'.

Overread
    Overread  63806 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 12:36 PM

I've been using a layermask addon for ages in elements 6 (I love it) but I was never able to do anything with the layermask itself - like copying or adjusting the mask. Can you do that in the new version of elements - or is it just a basic mask that you can paint into and adjust opacity?

JackAllTog
    JackAllTog e2 Member 53672 forum postsJackAllTog vcard United Kingdom58 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:23 PM

Wow, this is well worth it I think. I just ordered a copy - many thanks for sharing.

kodachrome
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:26 PM

I have Elements-9 and I am not that impressed. I prefer Windows own PP suite.

Pete

JJGEE
    JJGEE  96341 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    28 Nov 2011 - 7:29 PM

Quote: Wow, this is well worth it I think.

I thought that last January when Apple started selling Aperture for 44.99 !

OldTom1
    OldTom1  269 forum posts
    28 Nov 2011 - 9:15 PM

At that price even though I am on Elements 8 you can't miss it. Just bought it. Glad I looked in.

Last Modified By OldTom1 at 28 Nov 2011 - 9:15 PM
    SteveF1948
    29 Feb 2012 - 5:34 PM

Have Adobe done anything to address people's complaints about its speed? Elements 8 slows down to a crawl with more than 20k images and the Map pane has never worked, as far as I know.
    I usually buy every other version, because there are few useful changes from one version to the next. Adobe upgrade prices are a rip-off, they offered me a discount of 11.91 before VAT. I find it cheaper to buy the full software from places like Amazon.

mikehit
    mikehit  56692 forum posts United Kingdom11 Constructive Critique Points
    29 Feb 2012 - 6:48 PM

That is partly why I went for LR3 when they advertised it at 70% reduction (about 95) - I had read that the organiser in PSE9 was significantly worse than in PSE8.

goexplorephotography

Hi
    I was using PSE9 for quite a while and thought the upgrade from PSE7 was worth it. I also think the organiser in PSE9 was an improvement. 35 for PSE10 is a bargin. I'm now using a mac so switched to Aperture 3 as i couldn't get PSE9 to work and adobe support didn't want to know. But i do rate elements. I even found it more user friendly than LR3.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.