Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Elements 10 Continually Updating

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54207 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM

I had this problem a while ago but I thought I'd sorted it. But it's started up again. Every single time I go into E10 Organiser it runs an update that can take 5 mins or more. Even when it's done it once, sometimes if I just click on another image it does it again, albeit quicker.

I only use the Organiser to upload my images into for viewing and deleting and never use any of the other functions. It's driving me mad. Here's the link to my previous thread, and if anyone has any other ideas I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

http://www.ephotozine.com/forums/topic/elements-10---updating-organiser-problem-...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    2 Apr 2013 - 7:44 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

chalkhillblue
    chalkhillblue e2 Member 5143 forum postschalkhillblue vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2013 - 9:02 PM

Hello again Chris, normally, in my experience the update box only appears for a short time when you are loading a fairly large amount of images into it, are you
    loading several hundred at a time? probably unlikely. The one place I suggest you go to and post your question is www.elementsvillage.com, it is a very good site
    for any problem appertaining to photoshop elements and has been very helpful to me in the past, if anyone can give you an answer the forums there can.
    David

Jestertheclown

Quote: I only use the Organiser to upload my images into for viewing and deleting and never use any of the other functions.

Might it not be easier to simply ditch Elements and find another organiser Chris?

mikehit
    mikehit  46163 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2013 - 9:51 PM

IIRC this is something that came in with PSE9 (maybe 10) where each time you turn your computer on it automatically contacts the Adobe website and checks for updates. Some time ago I came across this which is not quite the same problem you have but I can see how corrupted data files could lead to a repeated search for updates:
    http://forums.adobe.com/message/4728230

Ewanneil
    Ewanneil  41118 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2013 - 10:05 PM

If you don't use the Organiser for anything else then would it be better not to use it at all? Just use Windows to import your photos and use PSE for editing only. Change your preferences as follows:-

Start - Control Panel - (if setting now shows View By Category change it to View by Large Icons) - Default Programs - Change Auto-Play Settings - Under "Pictures" use the drop down menu to change the option to Import Pictures and Videos using Windows

Next time you try to import you will get a small window opening up where you can choose the import settings.

HTH

Ewan

tomcat
    tomcat e2 Member 85862 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
    2 Apr 2013 - 10:14 PM

Switch to ACD

steve_p
    steve_p  81092 forum posts England
    3 Apr 2013 - 6:40 AM

The only trouble with ACDsee is ,although I have unsubscribed from their mailing list I still get two identical marketing emails every week!

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 54207 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Apr 2013 - 9:11 AM

Hi, thanks guys. But I've solved it.

When I got my new computer Dell had installed a program called SyncUP *32 and this has been running in the background. I never knew what it was for but we looked at my CPU usage and found it was using about 60-100%!!! I looked into it further and realised I didn't need this program at all so I deleted it. Everything's fine now.

Many thanks for your tips.
    Smile

mikehit
    3 Apr 2013 - 9:28 AM

Glad you got it sorted - all that Dell bloatware is a real PITA. I need to finish de-installing it from my laptop as well.

Last Modified By mikehit at 3 Apr 2013 - 9:28 AM
    SlowSong
    3 Apr 2013 - 9:42 AM

Roxio's next. Don't know where that came from. Grin

mikehit
    3 Apr 2013 - 9:44 AM

That is another standard install from Dell, and annoyingly tries to take over my music management.

Evertonian
    3 Apr 2013 - 10:16 AM

I use Elements but don't bother with the organiser at all. No need you can sort in directories and sub directories in Windows Explorer.

SlowSong
    17 Jun 2013 - 5:16 PM

I know this is quite old now but my E10 started doing its Updating Organiser thing again, which I thought I'd solved and that it was to do with SyncUp. Well, I hadn't and it wasn't, but I've done it now. Here's how in case anyone else has had the same problem.

Start > Control Panel > Classic View > Administrative Tools > Services.
    Click the line that says Adobe Active File Monitor (and whatever version you have for Elements etc.), the click Stop.
    Right click on the same line > Properties > Set the Startup Type to Manual.
    Restart PSE

Having done that, you can't use Watched Folders, but hey, I don't use that anyway.
    Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.