Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Eliminating creases from backdrops.........??

davidbailie e2
11 451 6 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 6:12PM
I've been pondering ideas ----simplifying the process!!! ..... of getting rid of backdrop creases......

You can of course Iron them ..Ho! Ho! Ho! - done it - pain in the Backside.......... get em down, make space, Iron, put em back up etc!

Also haven't tried ironing the dyed ones - presume they can take it ?

However - what occurs to me is to invest 30 in a wall paper steamer - unfurl your back drop and steam out the creases ........??? -- I've thought about hiring one - other considerations apart can you imagine the gunge on them ?? Yuk Smile

doubtless the BG creases again once rolled up - so it's an ongoing problem ??

Anyone tried steaming ? ......or any better ideas ?? ...Please..........

Ta Smile

db

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
1 Nov 2007 6:16PM
When we have to do ours, we first spray them with water from a plant sprayer then stretch them and use duck tape to tack to the floor. This usually works OK, but I recently saw a litte handheld steamer that would be ideal.

Yes, the dyed ones can be ironed, but steaming would be better methinks.

Andy.
davidbailie e2
11 451 6 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 6:19PM

Quote:but steaming would be better methinks

That's the sort of response I like to get - to the point! - cheers Andy I'm going for it - especially as I hear what you do now - hope you go for it too 30 ?? - won't wont break the bank will it Smile

db
NickParry 9 1.0k 79 Wales
1 Nov 2007 6:26PM
Creases ... Hand held steamer. Argos. Done Smile Nick

Quote:When we have to do ours, we first spray them with water from a plant sprayer then stretch them and use duck tape to tack to the floor. This usually works OK, but I recently saw a litte handheld steamer that would be ideal.

Yes, the dyed ones can be ironed, but steaming would be better methinks.

Andy.

cheers andy cos the creases do my head in and my background is way to big to iron lol lol argos here i come Wink

Iain
geoffash26 10 2.5k United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 6:34PM
Wall paper steamer does work quite well although you do get a bit of water mess on the floor
davidbailie e2
11 451 6 United Kingdom
1 Nov 2007 6:40PM

Quote:you do get a bit of water mess on the floor

not a problem - I'll just construct a 3 metre X 30cm galvanised iron trough to collect the water ............mmmh where will I store it ! Smile

Dunno about Argos - I'll check it out - HERE'S ONE THOUGH

db
scottishphototours 10 2.6k 2 Scotland
1 Nov 2007 7:20PM
Had a look - there's several good ones at various sizes and prices here

Andy
freds 10 184 England
2 Nov 2007 12:32PM
Try this, dont fold, screw backdrop into a ball when finished, next time you use hang straght up, looks great creased all over, problem solved.
p3asa 8 676 Scotland
2 Nov 2007 5:04PM
What you need is called a "Fabric steamer". That is what a lot of shops use to get their dummies clothes looking crease-less.

It works in much the same way as a wallpaper stripper. Although any wall paper stripper I have used has been really aggressive where water is concerned and the floor has ended up soaking.

Have a look here and here for some ideas.

Steven.
davidbailie e2
11 451 6 United Kingdom
4 Nov 2007 6:54PM
cheers p3asa

will explore it later - Smile - already ordered the wallpaper stripper

db

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.