Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

emailing images from Mac's

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MichaelTuska
26 Sep 2012 - 9:37 AM

Although I am fairly new to the mac environment ; the simple procedure I have followed to email a message then attach images seems to cause confusion the other end in that the y say they are coming through embedded!
I type the message
I click paperclip
select image's
click choose after each image
and that ,
according to apple ,
is that, other than click send ,
what am I if anything, doing wrong?
Mike T

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
26 Sep 2012 - 9:37 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Rev2
Rev2  4212 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 11:03 AM

This may help;

http://micahgilman.com/play/disable-mac-mailapp-inline-image-attachments/

User_Removed
26 Sep 2012 - 1:15 PM

Michael, remember those DOS PCs with command lines where to do stuff you had to type in strings of obscure sounding commands? Welcome to the world of Mac!

To fix your problem use a terminal programme and type in "defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes"

When you do that though you will need to be more careful with your typing than a typical Mac user's forum message Wink

keithh
keithh  1022791 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 1:43 PM

I shouldn't be laughing but I am. I so am.
Wink

MichaelTuska
26 Sep 2012 - 3:34 PM

Maybe you should explain the reasons for you mirth, as I fail to see how that constructively helps

redsnappa
redsnappa  111900 forum posts United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 5:27 PM

Quote: I shouldn't be laughing but I am. I so am.

ditto

seahawk
seahawk e2 Member 7529 forum postsseahawk vcard United Kingdom
26 Sep 2012 - 5:28 PM

Just ChrisL having another anti-Apple rant. Time to get out more and get a life Chris, you're becoming tiresome.

User_Removed
26 Sep 2012 - 5:34 PM

Aww, I've been out more, taking loads of HDR landscape photos. In now though at the computer processing away trying to achieve that coveted CGI look.

mickp
mickp e2 Member 8mickp vcard United Kingdom7 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 5:59 PM

You may wish to try this Attachment Tamer I find it very good .

http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/17261/attachment-tamer

Mick

Rev2
26 Sep 2012 - 6:55 PM

It was something I'd been meaning to do for a while and the OP finally gave me the nudge to do it. It's never caused me any problems in the 10 years I've owned a Mac and it took all of 20 seconds to do & another 20 seconds to see if it worked.

In 10 years I've never had to de-frag, re-boot, control alt delete or buy anti-virus software. But I'm sure you ardent Mac critics knew that anyway, you have a very strange sense of humour.

strawman
strawman  1022002 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 7:12 PM

Quote: or buy anti-virus software.

You do not have to buy AV software on any of the platforms I am aware of though it is stupid to not use anti-virus software example . Ardent Mac believers mistaken think their operating system is impervious from bugs and malicious attack and malware that afflict such systems. My experience is there is little in it for reliability. And it is wise to run anti-virus and firewall applications on all the mainstream OS systems. But I would be upset if an OS supplier I used knew of such a security issue and the solution but did nothing for so long.

So repeat after me all go wrong, all are open to abuse from users and nasty people out there. There is little to separate them, apart from price, though the over integrated devices do have disadvantages with reliability. I hope you never find out how vulnerable your system is, best keep it off the internet. You pays your money and takes you choice, but it possible that other users out there are getting by just fine without the problems trotted out each time as a supposed reason for superiority of apple products. Anyone seen the OS6 bug list..... I would keep quiet and just say apple are no better than MS or google.

As for the OP I would hope there is an obvious way of doing what you want, its a fairly basic request and hard to believe there is not a simple menu set up item for such a simple request. I guess as a Windows/Android user I take a few things for granted.

Last Modified By strawman at 26 Sep 2012 - 7:19 PM
Rev2
26 Sep 2012 - 9:03 PM

So repeat after me, I will only post helpful replies when someone asks for help. I will not laugh at the ephotozine member who has a problem e.g.;

"Can someone help? The shutter on my Canon 7D is stuck"

Ha, ha, ha - you should have bought a Nikon, I've never had that problem with my D300, ha, ha, ha!

"Can someone help? The shutter on my Nikon D300 is stuck"

Ha, ha, ha - you should have bought a Canon, I've never had that problem with my 7D, ha, ha, ha!

You get my drift?

(I guess as a Windows/Android user I take a few things for granted.
Last Modified By strawman at 26 Sep 2012 - 7:19 PM)

I guess as a Mac/Windows/Android HTC/Canon/Nikon user I'm qualified to post helpful comments.

User_Removed
26 Sep 2012 - 9:27 PM

Quote: I will not laugh at the ephotozine member who has a problem

I don't remember anyone laughing at the member. I think people might have laughed at the solutions needed for the "just works" Mac.

I laughed about the software you can buy to do attachments on the Mac, personally I'd say put that money towards a copy of Windows for the thing. Grin

wasper
wasper e2 Member 8532 forum postswasper vcard Ireland1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 10:01 PM

When you attach a photo a new window opens to navigate to file you want to choose, you will see a small box for tick "Windows attatchment". This may do the trick for you.

JJGEE
JJGEE  96223 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
26 Sep 2012 - 10:10 PM

Quote: seems to cause confusion the other end in that the y say they are coming through embedded!

Why is it causing confusion ?

Herewith a screenshot of the dialogue box after clicking on the paper clip in Mail

mail.jpg

Last Modified By JJGEE at 26 Sep 2012 - 10:20 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.