Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Encouraging children into photography

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Nick_w
    Nick_w e2 Member 73867 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2007 - 12:53 PM

My 8 year old daughter has started to take a keen interest in photography. I have said she can register with EPZ, to post her images (taken with a point & shoot), to my eyes shes seems to have a natural eye for composition.

My problems are one of security, is there any way of preventing her using the private message function and stopping her E-mailing from the site (and others viewing her E-mail address).

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    10 Jun 2007 - 12:53 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dougv
    dougv Site Moderator 108376 forum postsdougv vcard England3 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2007 - 1:52 PM

Nick.
    If you are worried about others being able to contact your daughter via PM, can I suggest you contact the team with a view to having the facility withdrawn for her.
    I'm sure they would be willing to do this.

Only team members will be able to see her Email address, so there should not be a problem with that.
    Doug

MrsS
    MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2007 - 2:02 PM

My eleven year old is registered, Warney, and we monitor her messages by the simple method of knowing her password and checking her pf regularly. she also knows to tell us if she receives any PM's so we can check them out that way too. To date, she has only had a couple - all from people she (and we) know.
    Welcome to EPZ - hope ur daughter enjoys her photography - would like ur opinion on whether you feel she would benefit from there being some kind of Junior Gallery (check out the thread in the forums) will post a link when I suss out how to Smile

Fran x

MrsS
    MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
    10 Jun 2007 - 2:06 PM

here

Smile

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.