Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Entering Competitions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

James_r
James_r  9
10 Dec 2012 - 10:35 AM

Hi Guys can anyboy help me out, I entered a competition yesterday (closing ate midnight last night). I followed the uploading procedure but when i looked at my stats this morning it says number of competitions entered zero? Any clues as to what I did wrong
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Dec 2012 - 10:35 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Dec 2012 - 10:36 AM

It will only appear there once the result is announced.

James_r
James_r  9
10 Dec 2012 - 10:45 AM

Great thanks Smile

p12owe
p12owe  1101 forum posts United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
26 Dec 2012 - 2:38 PM

Ahhh... that might explain something... I entered the Santa Vanguard comp. last week (my first competition entry Tongue) but the pictures are still not in my competitions page. I was panicking that I had messed up the entry... hopefully this same answer applies to me!

LVanDhal
LVanDhal  1126 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
26 Dec 2012 - 5:53 PM

As the original inquiry has been replied to can I now use this thread as a place to dump a rant about competitions in general out on the interweb.
I've just found out that a competition being run internationally needs me to down load, print, sign, and then upload a document to certify any work I submit is my own, and I also need to upload a legal document to prove i am who i say I am.
Isn't it a real shame that competition cheating has made this a requirement!
and as i don't have access currently to a scanner or a printer in my home if i want to enter I will have to go to the local library when it opens to sort out just the entry requirements and that's before I've even thought about the photograph i want to submit!!
I know there is not much that can be done about it, but arggggh, what ever happened to decency and fair play.

p12owe
28 Dec 2012 - 5:33 AM

Further too my previous post, I entered the Santa Vanguard comp. week three.... received the confirmation of entry screen, so assumed everything was ok. I now notice that there is a section on my page titled "Unjudged competitions".... and guess what, my images are not there!! I am now wondering whether there is some sort of fault with the entry system, or whether I have done something wrong without knowing!

Any advice would be appreciated, as it is obviously pointless entering comps if I can't get the pictures judged.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2012 - 9:38 AM

Where do you see that Unjudged Competition section? I just have a look, but couldn't find it on my page.

p12owe
28 Dec 2012 - 10:23 AM

Quote: Where do you see that Unjudged Competition section? I just have a look, but couldn't find it on my page.

On the competitions page of your profile, just under the competitions you have entered there is another section for unjuged comps that says these are only visible to you.
All my partners entries have appeared here, but mine have not.

Coleslaw
28 Dec 2012 - 10:37 AM

Ah..... At the bottom of the page.
Yes, I can see my unjudged entries there.
I would suggest you to send a report to the team.

p12owe
28 Dec 2012 - 11:18 AM

Not too sure how to do that... I'll have a hunt around the site.

I'll also have to ask Father Christmas for a new tripod next year... it doesn't look like I'm going to win this one! Sad

Jellyfire
Jellyfire  241 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
28 Dec 2012 - 12:07 PM

Hi, I have the same thing, nothing showing on unjudged, does anybody have their images showing there?

p12owe
28 Dec 2012 - 1:17 PM

Quote: Hi, I have the same thing, nothing showing on unjudged, does anybody have their images showing there?

My partner does... that's the only reason why I knew something was wrong with mine!

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 6185 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom24 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 6:54 PM

I have entered weeks 3 and 4 of the Santa Vanguard comp and the Nikon White comp. My images were initially displayed in the 'unjudged competitions' section of my comp page but now they have gone and are not in the 'previously entered' section of the page either. Is this a case of being in limbo pending announcement of results?. Perhaps someone from the EPZ Mod team could clear this up?

Jellyfire
Jellyfire  241 forum posts United Kingdom4 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jan 2013 - 7:30 PM

Hi, I emailed support a few days ago and they replied that the enries may disappear until after closing date until judging has finished. Hope that clears it up
Thanks
Lee

p12owe
3 Jan 2013 - 4:43 AM

Not sure if it helps, but I received the following on 28/12/2012 from the support team:
Hi Peter, you have two images in your competitions pages but if they are not showing up to you there may be an issue with IT so I'll pass your report over to them for assistance.
Nothing else heard back yet...

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.