Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Entire Nik Collection for only 85

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
8 Aug 2013 - 12:39 AM

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet by anyone else but today I discovered a good deal for the Nik collection of software today. I managed to get the entire current collection of software for all platforms for 85.

I went on the site with a view to buy Silver FX PRO 2 and found that they were offering the whole package program's including vivesa etc for $140, then after a little search found the voucher code 'HDRsoftware15' which then took the price down to $126 which worked out in PayPal as 85.

I thought this was rather a bargain so I thought I would share it with everyone in case they weren't aware.

Cheers,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
8 Aug 2013 - 12:39 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Quoise
Quoise e2 Member 1261 forum postsQuoise vcard United Kingdom
8 Aug 2013 - 6:21 AM

I bought this package in April. All was working fine until 2 weeks ago, then in the middle of an image cs6 froze, as did my whole computer. After a restart cs6 wouldn't work at all. I worked out it was the Nik plug ins that were crashing cs every time so I had to uninstall them, cs now works fine. Not sure why after only 3 months this has happened. But after checking various forums I am not the only one who has had this problem. Now I am just annoyed that I am 85 worse off with a Nik collection I can't use.

Nick_w
Nick_w e2 Member 73879 forum postsNick_w vcard England99 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2013 - 6:51 AM

If you bought any of the Nik products prior to Google buying them, drop Google an email and they will let you have the whole package at no extra cost (or they did me)

I've never had a problem with photoshop crashing with then installed (CS5)

nsutcliffe
8 Aug 2013 - 7:36 AM

Thanks Matt,
I downloaded the trial version of the collection just to try out Silver Efex. I am liking it so far and will probably buy it after the trial.

Last Modified By nsutcliffe at 8 Aug 2013 - 7:36 AM
AlanJ
AlanJ e2 Member 1417 forum postsAlanJ vcard England
8 Aug 2013 - 8:18 AM

Is the Nik suite compatible with Elements11 or LR4?

Last Modified By AlanJ at 8 Aug 2013 - 8:18 AM
lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2013 - 8:24 AM

LR4 - Yes. Don't know about elements

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014143 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2013 - 8:26 AM

Quote: I bought this package in April. All was working fine until 2 weeks ago, then in the middle of an image cs6 froze, as did my whole computer. After a restart cs6 wouldn't work at all. I worked out it was the Nik plug ins that were crashing cs every time so I had to uninstall them, cs now works fine. Not sure why after only 3 months this has happened. But after checking various forums I am not the only one who has had this problem. Now I am just annoyed that I am 85 worse off with a Nik collection I can't use.

Have you tried reinstaling them since ?

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43922 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
8 Aug 2013 - 8:45 AM

Quote: Is the Nik suite compatible with Elements11 or LR4?

Elements 11 - yes. I have it installed...runs smoothly.
Don't know about LR.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 8 Aug 2013 - 8:46 AM
Quoise
Quoise e2 Member 1261 forum postsQuoise vcard United Kingdom
8 Aug 2013 - 9:15 AM

Quote: have you tried reinstaling them since ?

Yes, I have, many times, cs crashes on launch each time I try. I have contacted google and followed their instructions on updating the GPU, alas this still hasn't changed anything and I cannot have nik installed. Some people have suggested I open nik stand alone, but not being techie minded at all I cannot find a way of installing nik without it automatically installing into cs, as there isn't an opt out box. When I try to open the nik in my downloads folder it defaults to opening it in cs. Blush

Gundog
Gundog  1624 forum posts Scotland
8 Aug 2013 - 11:01 AM

Quote: Is the Nik suite compatible with Elements11 or LR4?
Elements 11 - yes. I have it installed...runs smoothly.
Don't know about LR.

....and they work perfectly from within Lightroom. (or, at least SilverEfexPro and HDR Efex Pro do - I always use ColorEfexPro as a layer in CS6 if I use it at all as I like the option of adjusting the opacity or trying different blend modes with it.)

Last Modified By Gundog at 8 Aug 2013 - 11:03 AM
Jestertheclown
8 Aug 2013 - 11:02 AM

I downloaded the trial of Nik a while ago and it refused to open at all. All I got was a little window in the middle of the screen and everything froze. That was using CS6.
I've since re-install my OS and I tried installing the trial again the other day, using CS6 and (the trial of) CC. in both cases, it just froze everything, just as it did before.
I haven't tried it with Lightroom.
Fortunately, I hadn't paid anything for it.

Bren.

Last Modified By Jestertheclown at 8 Aug 2013 - 11:02 AM
Gundog
8 Aug 2013 - 11:09 AM

Quote: I downloaded the trial of Nik a while ago and it refused to open at all. All I got was a little window in the middle of the screen and everything froze. That was using CS6.
I've since re-install my OS and I tried installing the trial again the other day, using CS6 and (the trial of) CC. in both cases, it just froze everything, just as it did before.
I haven't tried it with Lightroom.
Fortunately, I hadn't paid anything for it.

Bren.

Bren,

When I open CS6 - either directly (which I rarely do) or as an "edit in" from Lightroom (my usual way) - as soon as CS6 opens, I get a couple of boxes like these automatically opened on my second monitor from which I can select any of the Nik products.

capturenik.jpg

Jestertheclown
8 Aug 2013 - 11:24 AM

That's what I get.

But that's all that I get.

Gundog
8 Aug 2013 - 1:52 PM

....so that when you click on any of the Nik programs in those boxes, you don't get a new layer opened on the image you are working on?

Wish I could help, Bren, but I don't know what is going wrong for you.

If I clcik on ColorEfexPro, this is what I get in CS6:

capture33.jpg

...and this is what opens on my other monitor:

capture44.jpg

(should add that I am using a PC; maybe Macs are different)

Jestertheclown

I'm using a PC, albeit quite an old one.
The problem is that the Nik software just locks it up every time I try to open it.
There was a thread running on here a little while ago when this software was going very cheaply and a few people had problems with it.
Personally, I abandoned it back then and thought I'd try it again as I'd re-installed the OS, just in case it made a difference.
It didn't.
I was only interested in trying Silver Efx anyway, just to see how good it was. The rest of it doesn't interest me.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.