Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EOS 5DII Replacement????

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ARI
    ARI  11502 forum posts United Kingdom
    22 Jun 2010 - 12:42 PM

Was with a friend who has strong connections with Canon. He mentioned that the proverbial 3D or the %DIII was imminent. Me could not elobrate further execpt that there will be 7D features incorprated, FF, movie. Canon's counter to the Nikon 700?? The 7d was announced in Aug 09, so may be then, this year.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    22 Jun 2010 - 12:42 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Ian-Munro
    Ian-Munro  6200 forum posts Wales15 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 1:25 PM

Interesting, but I can't see a 5DII replacement for a while. But who knows.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 1:34 PM

I can't see it.
    How do they price it?
    Cheaper than 5D2? Then who would buy 5D2? And who would buy 7D series?
    More expensive than 5D2? They have the 1Ds series.

having said that, if it is true, then my 5D2 will be in the classifies.... LOL

Last Modified By Coleslaw at 22 Jun 2010 - 1:37 PM
    ARI
    22 Jun 2010 - 1:40 PM

5D2 is coming up to two yrs old, much of its A.F and metering is from the 5D1 and the Nikon 700 steals a march. 7D is here so is the 50D. The 7D being comparable or better than the Nikon 300s. Anyway, wait and see.

cameracat
    cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 1:41 PM

Quote: Canon's counter to the Nikon 700??

They already have that its called a 5D MkII.......Grin

Maybe a full frame version of the 7D perhaps.....!!!

Who knows who cares unless your unhappy with what you have......Sad

Wink

ARI
    22 Jun 2010 - 1:55 PM

I have held off replacing my 5D1 as there was only what I concidered to be an incremental improvement with the 5DII apart from the higher pixel count and video. With the 5D2. I have no interest in video, the AF. metering and frame rate being much the same as the 5D1 (which is still dear to my heart). I like the 7D, but look fwd to the new camera, particularly if it is FF version of the 7D.

tigerminx
    tigerminx  10237 forum posts South Africa
    22 Jun 2010 - 2:02 PM

This is my concern, I am about to purchase a 5D MK II, before I come to Europe in November for a 1 month holiday. Last thing I want to see is a new body on the market replacing the 5D MK II.

Coleslaw
    Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 2:05 PM

Tim, a camera is only good when you have it and use it.
    You could wait forever for new model, as new model replaces new model again and again and again and again and.......

Coleslaw
    22 Jun 2010 - 2:12 PM

Sorry, Bruce I meant. Not Tim....Smile

KevSB
    KevSB  101407 forum posts United Kingdom5 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 2:16 PM

Tim , Cole is right on, ask any 5dmk2 owner if there happy with the cam and I believe very few would have to bad a word to say about it. waiting on an unconformed rumour could take a long time when you could be out with the 5d enjoying it now.
    You can always upgrade to the 5dmk4 next time

DuncanDisorderly

I'm happy Smile
    The image quality is so lush I'm happy making some sacrifices.
    Taking this to the extreme - getting better image quality with a medium format digital back would mean even bigger compromises.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 6:14 PM

Tis true the 5D2 will be 2 years old in the autumn, so a replacement is possible - although the mark 1 went for 3 years untill it was replaced.

I would have thought Canon would upgrade the 1Ds3 before changing a still very successfull 5D2. However having said that, a minor update to the 5D2, using the same sensor, and the new AF and other bits and bobs from the 7D is certinally possible.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    22 Jun 2010 - 6:19 PM

Quote: I have held off replacing my 5D1 as there was only what I concidered to be an incremental improvement with the 5DII

Owning both cameras, the step on the 5D2 is quite signicifient if you are using high ISO values, and the larger file sizes are nice if you want to make really big prints

However if you are happy with the image quality from the mark 1, then why upgrade anyway?

Last Modified By mattw at 22 Jun 2010 - 6:21 PM
    ckristoff
    ckristoff  9938 forum posts Wales
    23 Jun 2010 - 6:19 PM

Cole asks who would by a 7D series? That would be me - and why not, when the price is right?

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.