Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Eos 7D focus problem?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

mikehit
mikehit  46194 forum posts United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 5:18 PM

I believe that on the 7D you can have the computer show the LiveView image but you need to use the Canon Utilities software

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7886/~/remote-live-view-shooting-using-eos-utility

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
20 Mar 2013 - 5:18 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c
justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 5:27 PM

Quote: When one does a tethered shoot, should one see a "live" image from the camera before capturing the image? I don't get that, just an image once the shutter is pressed. I was hoping to see a live view to get "sharp" live focusing. Have I not turned something on - quite new to Lightroom?

If you have an HD television you can connect your camera to that with an HDMI cable. Whatever would normally be displayed on the cameras screen will now be shown on the television. The 7D is also capable of HD out (which some camera's aren't), meaning you'll get a very good quality image, making manual focusing a lot easier and more precise. Although saying all that, if the problem you're having is just with a 300mm lens with a 1.4X extender, then connecting it to a tv or a desktop computer won't really prove anything because you are better off checking focus accuracy over a decent distance, i.e. 25-50x the focal length.

banehawi
banehawi Critique Team 10781 forum postsbanehawi vcard Canada2803 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 5:31 PM

I think thats normal Michael.

W

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104039 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 9:19 PM

Looking back, you were only using 1/100 of a second at 300mm with a 1.4x convertor, might that be a little slow even with a tripod? If it's (the body & lens) heavy & the tripod not completely sturdy, even walking near it might cause vibration? Might be talking out of the back of my head though Smile

Last Modified By whipspeed at 20 Mar 2013 - 9:21 PM
Coast
Coast Critique Team 6806 forum postsCoast vcard United Kingdom290 Constructive Critique Points
20 Mar 2013 - 10:31 PM

Quote: Looking back, you were only using 1/100 of a second at 300mm with a 1.4x convertor, might that be a little slow even with a tripod? If it's (the body & lens) heavy & the tripod not completely sturdy, even walking near it might cause vibration? Might be talking out of the back of my head though Smile

This is where I think the most likely problem lies. Whipspeed not talking out of back of head but sensible call.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.