Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

Eos 7D focus problem?

mikehit Plus
5 7.8k 12 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2013 5:18PM
I believe that on the 7D you can have the computer show the LiveView image but you need to use the Canon Utilities software

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7886/~/remote-live-view-shooting-using-eos-utility

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c 11 4.6k 36 England
20 Mar 2013 5:27PM

Quote:When one does a tethered shoot, should one see a "live" image from the camera before capturing the image? I don't get that, just an image once the shutter is pressed. I was hoping to see a live view to get "sharp" live focusing. Have I not turned something on - quite new to Lightroom?

If you have an HD television you can connect your camera to that with an HDMI cable. Whatever would normally be displayed on the cameras screen will now be shown on the television. The 7D is also capable of HD out (which some camera's aren't), meaning you'll get a very good quality image, making manual focusing a lot easier and more precise. Although saying all that, if the problem you're having is just with a 300mm lens with a 1.4X extender, then connecting it to a tv or a desktop computer won't really prove anything because you are better off checking focus accuracy over a decent distance, i.e. 25-50x the focal length.
banehawi Plus
11 1.2k 3161 Canada
20 Mar 2013 5:31PM
I think thats normal Michael.

W
whipspeed Plus
10 4.1k 22 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2013 9:19PM
Looking back, you were only using 1/100 of a second at 300mm with a 1.4x convertor, might that be a little slow even with a tripod? If it's (the body & lens) heavy & the tripod not completely sturdy, even walking near it might cause vibration? Might be talking out of the back of my head though Smile
Coast Plus
7 1.6k 292 United Kingdom
20 Mar 2013 10:31PM

Quote:Looking back, you were only using 1/100 of a second at 300mm with a 1.4x convertor, might that be a little slow even with a tripod? If it's (the body & lens) heavy & the tripod not completely sturdy, even walking near it might cause vibration? Might be talking out of the back of my head though Smile

This is where I think the most likely problem lies. Whipspeed not talking out of back of head but sensible call.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.