Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EOS M.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    PeteGeoff
    PeteGeoff  4 United Kingdom
    5 Jun 2013 - 9:17 PM

Has anyone bought themselves the Canon EOS M? I've had one for two weeks now and find it a very nice camera. I p-exd my 40D & two lenses. In fact I did a straight swap at Lce in Gloucester. Will be keeping my 580 ex2. Great to have wireless flash. Zoom lens very good. Focus seems to get lots of stick but I've found it to be pretty good. Not perfect but not as bad as some reports would suggest. I now find I take it out more as it weighs so little. Not used video much yet but seems good. Just waiting for 50.00 back from Canon. Made the camera 350.00. Be good to hear from others who've got one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    5 Jun 2013 - 9:17 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa
    joshwa ePHOTOzine Staff 3583 forum postsjoshwa vcard United Kingdom
    6 Jun 2013 - 10:30 AM

This should be pleasing news:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-eos-m-firmware-v2-0-delivers-improved-af...

As well as the new lens announcement:
    http://www.ephotozine.com/article/canon-ef-m-11-22mm-f-4-5-6-is-stm-lens-22106

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    6 Jun 2013 - 10:58 PM

It's a largely forgotten camera. I have read that some dealers have returned their stocks to Canon because of lack of sales.

PeteGeoff
    PeteGeoff  4 United Kingdom
    6 Jun 2013 - 11:06 PM

Where did you read that? Have you used one?

mdpontin
    mdpontin  96016 forum posts Scotland
    7 Jun 2013 - 9:07 AM

It's not necessary to have used it in order to read something about it. Smile But I'd like to see CB's source for that comment too.

Ken Rockwell seems to like it!

"The world's first serious mirrorless camera", he says! Grin

Carabosse
    Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Jun 2013 - 11:17 AM

Quote: Where did you read that? Have you used one?

I read it on the web and - like most people - I have not used one! That is the problem: the sales are near non-existent.

Quote: Ken Rockwell seems to like it!

Well, that seals its fate. Lol! Grin

mdpontin
    mdpontin  96016 forum posts Scotland
    7 Jun 2013 - 12:01 PM

Canon's Masaya Maeda interviewed on dpreview.com:

Quote: Despite this understanding, he concedes that the EOS M hasn't yet been fully able to exploit this market. 'Looking at worldwide results we've seen users are limited to certain regions - we're seeing very positive sales in Japan and South East Asia, looking beyond that we haven't established market share yet.'

Last Modified By mdpontin at 7 Jun 2013 - 12:01 PM
    kladg
    kladg  10 United Kingdom
    25 Sep 2013 - 11:56 AM

I have been using the 'M' since March with excellent results. I have tried using a Tamron 500mm f8 mirror lens connected via an adaptall mount. Using manual I can set the speed but not the aperture which stays a 00. Has anyone got any suggestions?

mikehit
    mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
    25 Sep 2013 - 12:00 PM

Mirror lenses are usually a fixed f8 and I believe the Tamron is one of these. So there is nothing to change.

kladg
    kladg  10 United Kingdom
    25 Sep 2013 - 1:31 PM

I'm aware that it's fixed at f8, however, the camera doesn't know that. I can change the speed, ISO, focus all to manual but the shutter cannot be fired as the aperture cannot be set. With the standard lens attached I tried setting the camera up with manual settings then remove the lens and then attach the mirror lens still without success.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.