Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

EOS M.

PeteGeoff 5 12 United Kingdom
5 Jun 2013 9:17PM
Has anyone bought themselves the Canon EOS M? I've had one for two weeks now and find it a very nice camera. I p-exd my 40D & two lenses. In fact I did a straight swap at Lce in Gloucester. Will be keeping my 580 ex2. Great to have wireless flash. Zoom lens very good. Focus seems to get lots of stick but I've found it to be pretty good. Not perfect but not as bad as some reports would suggest. I now find I take it out more as it weighs so little. Not used video much yet but seems good. Just waiting for 50.00 back from Canon. Made the camera 350.00. Be good to hear from others who've got one.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

joshwa e2
4 710 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2013 10:30AM
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
6 Jun 2013 10:58PM
It's a largely forgotten camera. I have read that some dealers have returned their stocks to Canon because of lack of sales.
PeteGeoff 5 12 United Kingdom
6 Jun 2013 11:06PM
Where did you read that? Have you used one?
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
7 Jun 2013 9:07AM
It's not necessary to have used it in order to read something about it. Smile But I'd like to see CB's source for that comment too.

Ken Rockwell seems to like it!

"The world's first serious mirrorless camera", he says! Grin
Carabosse e2
11 39.7k 269 England
7 Jun 2013 11:17AM

Quote:Where did you read that? Have you used one?

I read it on the web and - like most people - I have not used one! That is the problem: the sales are near non-existent.

Quote:Ken Rockwell seems to like it!

Well, that seals its fate. Lol! Grin
mdpontin 10 6.0k Scotland
7 Jun 2013 12:01PM
Canon's Masaya Maeda interviewed on dpreview.com :

Quote:Despite this understanding, he concedes that the EOS M hasn't yet been fully able to exploit this market. 'Looking at worldwide results we've seen users are limited to certain regions - we're seeing very positive sales in Japan and South East Asia, looking beyond that we haven't established market share yet.'
kladg 10 2 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 11:56AM
I have been using the 'M' since March with excellent results. I have tried using a Tamron 500mm f8 mirror lens connected via an adaptall mount. Using manual I can set the speed but not the aperture which stays a 00. Has anyone got any suggestions?
mikehit e2
5 7.1k 11 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 12:00PM
Mirror lenses are usually a fixed f8 and I believe the Tamron is one of these. So there is nothing to change.
kladg 10 2 United Kingdom
25 Sep 2013 1:31PM
I'm aware that it's fixed at f8, however, the camera doesn't know that. I can change the speed, ISO, focus all to manual but the shutter cannot be fired as the aperture cannot be set. With the standard lens attached I tried setting the camera up with manual settings then remove the lens and then attach the mirror lens still without success.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.