Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

ePHOTOzine Book

FrankThomas e2
11 2.8k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 8:29AM
Me too - anything I can do, just give me a shout

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

dclarke5 e2
11 147 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 8:31AM
Excellent Idea. On the Marillion theme. Perhaps you could make it that all those who have contributed would be guaranteed an image published in the book?
12 Mar 2004 8:33AM
Brilliant idea, I would buy one too - Keith
digicammad e2
11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 9:18AM
Yep, I'm in too and I also have the originals to all my photos in the event one gets chosen. Don't know how you would set the price but I think most members would probably be willing to pay 15-20 per copy.

One thing I would say is that for any photo chosen you should get the photographer to put in a paragraph about why they took the photograph, what it says or means to them and steer clear of the technical stuff apart from perhaps camera, lens and film.

Ian
collinf e2
12 1.2k
12 Mar 2004 9:42AM
Count me in! Like "answersonapostcard", I can lick stamps Smile

What about if we get "dressed up" in shirt & tie, armed with some official paperwork all go to our local Waterstones/Ottakars and ask? That could be a nightmare, it's just a thought... Smile

And, yes, the Marillion Method works in my head too.

15 a copy would (I think) be reasonable. Especially for the quality of picture that people would get.

Perhaps a few details with each print, location, date, camera, exposure details etc might a good idea? I like trying to understand settings to figure out how the picture was acheived.

Collin
andytvcams e2
12 10.4k United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 9:47AM
What an excellent idea,I'm up for it@Pete,perhaps if you open a bank account,we could all start paying in?.
Andy.
naturenut e2
12 1.8k England
12 Mar 2004 9:56AM
Hey, stamps are self adhesive these days ;o)
Count me in too, sounds very exciting !
answersonapostcard e2
10 12.7k 15 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 10:01AM
Well thats me out of job then! ;-(
macroman e2
11 15.3k England
12 Mar 2004 10:09AM
Could All members with Websites put an Ad on their home page to help with sales.
I'd definitely place one on our site, for a 10% discount.

Only joking! LoL
michaeldt e2
10 1.2k
12 Mar 2004 10:17AM
sounds good to me. anythign uder 20 would be more than reasonable if you compare to most other books out there. it could even get a review from PP??
i'm not too good on the photography side of things but any way i can help, just let me know. i seem to have a lot of free time at work these days. and proceeds to charity - good way to get positive publicity.
perhaps a themed book to start - say british landscapes with proceeds to national trust or the like.
Mari e2
11 1.8k Wales
12 Mar 2004 10:24AM
Great idea - count me in with whatever - my brother works for a major paper here in Wales - could be good for advertising.
roxpix 11 2.2k 11 Scotland
12 Mar 2004 10:42AM
I'm in for a copy, I think the idea of a link to the epz shop to buy a copy placed on all members own websites (voluntary of course) is a great way to retail it.

Alan
Bucks e2
12 238
12 Mar 2004 11:58AM
Proceeds to EPZ- yes, they provide a service, we are happy to use it, they should be rewarded.
Proceeds split EPZ/Charity - if you wish- But we don't consider this a public service- it is a business.
Advertise on own Website- yes- not a problem, but would be more effective if you created a little logo/Gif to use as a button, and for technophobes you could supply the gif, and the the link script. 5 minutes for you to create, one minute for us to install, increase EPZ traffic, keep the advertisers happy.
Pictures- For pictures reproduced large- get the owner to send in a CD with a High res scan, and a brief note about the picture. Then as a final chapter- pages of thumbnail size pictures of the best of the rest, with just the owners name underneath (to get more of us in, to get more of us buying).
Finally, as this could make a beautiful coffee table book, turn the adult filter on?
alansnap e2
10 529 23 United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 1:03PM
Only just joined this one, but it looks like a good idea to me. I agree that EPZ should get the proceeds. The return per photo will be small and poor old Pete would be sending out royalty cheques for less than the cost of the stamps.

Seriously if something like a book will help EPZ to continue then let's go for it. Softback in the range 15-20 would pitch it right, but if you want to hit the next Christmas rush you'd better get planning - where did you say you'd get a project manager?

Alan
12 Mar 2004 1:38PM
Looks like there's lots of positive interest in this topic. I'm certainly up for being a project manager. Wonder what Rotavision will think of the idea. They produce some gorgeous books.

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.