Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine Book

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Franticsmurf
12 Mar 2004 - 5:25 PM

Count me in on this. Pete.

There are certainly a lot of images on the site that would benefit from a larger or higher quality format. In some ways, I'm quite jealous of your task of selecting the ones to be printed. On the other hand, judging by some previous threads, the debate over the ones left out might go on...and on and on and on and on... Smile

15-20 sounds okay to me.
Dave

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Mar 2004 - 5:25 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

maroondah
maroondah  11239 forum posts Australia1 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2004 - 5:34 PM

Great idea, I suspect that a large number of members (by the way how many are there) would be willing to buy including myself. Hope this takes off.
Regards
Gerry

pj.morley
pj.morley  11947 forum posts
12 Mar 2004 - 6:30 PM

I'm not sure if I have any useful skills or contacts, none that I can think of immediately but I'd certainly buy a copy and dp whatever I can to help

onewaymag.co.uk
12 Mar 2004 - 6:45 PM

Woah, a lot of replies!!!

A yearbook sounds aces, perhaps a selection of Petes fave EC awards, split into categories???

The upfront payment sounds good too, deposits and all that???

Id pay 15 - 20 pounds for sure....You should strive to make it different, hand numbered or summat. That would be ace. Have each photographer comment on their work??? And a nice lenghty forward!

Bernie
Bernie  102201 forum posts
12 Mar 2004 - 7:27 PM

I'm in too!!!!
Good topic Seb..nice 1

a11sus
a11sus  11568 forum posts Northern Ireland
12 Mar 2004 - 9:03 PM

Hey! Don't leave me out! I'm game for anything you want me to do.

You could sell it on eBay too - you wouldn't believe the amount of photographic books there are on there now. I know someone who knows eBay inside out (she is on here too) if you want.

Donations to get it off the ground would be easy to call in. Set up a Paypal account for it (I haven't bought in the ePz shop - do you have a PP account already?)that way people can donate from their funds they have stored from selling on eBay etc and it wont pince their pockets so much.

I can't believe the amount of talented people we have on here! Isn't wonderful to see how strong a crowd is?!

SUSAN

amps
amps  10225 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Mar 2004 - 9:55 PM

Just seen this thread, great idea YES count me in Pete
I also deal with retail and could put the word around.

Alan

Anthony
Anthony  125645 forum posts Scotland17 Constructive Critique Points
12 Mar 2004 - 10:10 PM

Go for it. I 'll have one too when they come out. If I can get a picture in I'd buy two. LOL. Again, 15 ish is about right I think.

Go Pete go.

If theres anything i can do to help, just say the word. Like most other people here, I dont know if my skills (few as they are) would be of any help, but you have whatever help I can supply.

Proceeds, yeah, Pete and charity, would be nice to split it, maybe supply help to someone who needs the money. Maybe the retired photographers appreciation society. You can contact me through my profile. Make all payments out to.......oops, maybe not.

In short, good idea, lets push it through and get it in the shops eh?

All the best

Anthony

ali graham
ali graham  10102 forum posts Scotland
12 Mar 2004 - 10:17 PM

Just seen this, great idea, count me in.
15-20 sounds good, with payment upfront.

Firebaby
Firebaby  111204 forum posts Faroe Islands
12 Mar 2004 - 10:20 PM

I'm away for the week, please don't leave me out, I DO want to be part of this! I have 20 burning a hole in my pocket, wating for my copy!

flossie
flossie  111557 forum posts
12 Mar 2004 - 10:48 PM

This is a great idea, I said so earlier in the thread.
One thing though ...most photography books are full of beautiful pictures aren't they, perfect examples of photography at it's best. The beauty of Epz is that it is for all levels of ability - would the book reflect that? I'm interested to know how the pictures would be chosen, would it be just editors choice winners? I know that's maybe a long way away yet but just a thought.

lightweaver
12 Mar 2004 - 11:02 PM

sounds like a cracking idea. I also like the idea of the photographer adding a few words, some of the best photography books I've read are the ones that not only have great images, but also have a few insights from the photographers. I'm in for a copy.

benmcmahon
benmcmahon  10260 forum posts
12 Mar 2004 - 11:08 PM

What about setting up a new gallery page just for the book?
You could get people to post images and if Pete you think they are good you can e-mail them with an address to send a neg or file too?
This way you dont get 5000 pictures sent to you?
What do you think?
Ben McMahon

rc
rc  1150 forum posts
13 Mar 2004 - 12:39 AM

one book per year - split up into themes, seasons or somefink - i'd buy one - how would you get the cash together - would people really cough up before product is available.....not sure. if not then you'd need to borrow the cash on the strength of the future income flows - and it would cost more to borrow the cash - but it could make you rich!!!

great idea - and i'd love to see it - some peopl here are pros - how would you deal with using their (or anyones) pics

takui neko
takui neko  10849 forum posts Spain11 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 1:37 AM

Count me in, if I can be of any help! Also Im willing to pay the 15 or 20. Grin

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.