Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine Book

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

pj.morley
pj.morley  11947 forum posts
13 Mar 2004 - 1:47 AM

I'm sure we could get the book reviewed in most of the major photo mags too..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
13 Mar 2004 - 1:47 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Mari
Mari  101825 forum posts Wales
13 Mar 2004 - 8:23 AM

What shall we call it - ePHOTObook?

pebbles
pebbles  10106 forum posts
13 Mar 2004 - 8:54 AM

Only just caught up with this thread, so put my name down too.

I could help possibly with design (son is a graphic designer) and putting some of the text together, have know to be a bit lyrical at times.

Anything thats needed really, count on my help and support.

Could sell a few of them eventually at shows, craft fayres etc.

Alethea

SuziBlue
SuziBlue  1116195 forum posts Scotland10 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 9:06 AM

Mari! What an inspired idea. Perfect in my book! (or is that ebook .. lol)

Mari
13 Mar 2004 - 9:21 AM

Thanks Suzi - I woke up in the middle of the night with the idea (how sad am I?) lol

mkenney
mkenney  1064 forum posts
13 Mar 2004 - 9:36 AM

Just read this thread for the first time, and I am very interested.
I think most folks would look at paying around 15 pounds, I know I would.
Good idea and count me in!
Mags

bppowell
bppowell e2 Member 122123 forum postsbppowell vcard England2 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 9:38 AM

Where would the images come from that went into this book? The Editors choice, the competitions, the forums or all three?

Barry

UserDeleted
13 Mar 2004 - 9:48 AM

Great idea !

Pete, I'm in as well.

Mike

ZenTog
ZenTog  127875 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 12:06 PM

count me in for images and if you need any help design wise as well
Paul

Rob_Taylor
Rob_Taylor  10659 forum posts Wales5 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 1:04 PM

Great idea...add me to the list...20 ready and waiting
Rob

fatwoul
fatwoul  10129 forum posts
13 Mar 2004 - 3:18 PM

I haven't got time to read the whole thread, so forgive me if this has already been said, but I think it would be important that a member's permission be given specifically if their pictures are to be used in a book, since that use would be different to that of a website.

That could also rule out any members who perhaps don't visit the site anymore, but whose pictures are peachy.

Well, I guess that really goes without saying, since the members would need to provide new copies of their pictures anyway, since putting together a book based on 72dpi 500 wide images would make for some purdy ugly viewing.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 3:51 PM

A good point Robin. Perhaps we should have an indication of the minimum resolution, file size etc.

Preferably not 48Mb - like some of the picture libraries, though!

The copyright/legal issues also need to be addressed. We have all seen members who, one minute, think ePz is the most wonderful thing they've ever seen on the net, and next minute storm off in a huff about something... and delete all their pics etc.

keith selmes
13 Mar 2004 - 4:23 PM

Presumably the contributing member would have to give their explicit permission, and the property/model release issue would need clarification, if this were intended to bring a profit for EPZ.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139385 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
13 Mar 2004 - 6:30 PM

Yes you're right Keith! Nothing is ever as simple as it seems. This could be a bit of a minefield, especially where no model/property releases had been obtained in the first instance.

I'm guessing that the majority of the pics posted on ePz have not involved such a release even where one should (in strictness) have been obtained. Which may not matter so much when showing pics on the net a 'not for profit' basis.

But once you start talking about money changing hands.... hmmmmmm !!!

However, Pete must be an old hand at all this type of thing and will no doubt be able to reassure us?

Mari
13 Mar 2004 - 7:10 PM

I thought Pete said above that he would be willing for the proceeds to go to charity - doesn't that relax things a bit? I know expenses would have to be paid etc - or we could always do the ePHOTObook of self portraits after the competition with everyone writing a bit about themselves and then no model releases would have to be signed. Perhaps a follow up book next year could then be more of a general thing. This would also take the onus off anyone picking which photos to publish without offending anyone. Don't know if that would interest everyone though. I personally think it would make very interesting reading looking at peoples faces and reading a bit about their lives - a bit like people watching at an airport!!

Only thoughts................

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.