Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine book PHOTO request

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 2:07 AM

I don't think I ever explained the process we've gone through to choose the photos for the ePHOTOzine book.

I had the help of several high profile/active members of the site who were briefed to look through the whole gallery section (about 170,000 photos) and select the best ones covering the widest range of subjects and techniques from the widest range of members. As a result we had over 1000 photos selected.

I then arranged many of these (using the site's 500/1000pixel versions) in page layouts for the book. As we do not own copyright (and never intend to), we then started, what's now become an impossible task of contacting everyone requesting use of the photos.

We have sent out 99% of the emails for picture requests for the book. We have a few we are still trying to track down. We have about 50% of the photos uploaded for use.

If you've had an email and forgot to respond or couldn't be bothered or it's hit your spam and is sitting in your delete folder, please respond to say you do or do not want to be included so we can delete your pic or keep it. If you decide to submit please please please follow the simple instructions we have had so many pics that have been uploaded incorrectly which has delayed me and cause so many problems.

If you haven't had a photo request and feel you'd like a photo in the book please send me an email with a link to your portfolio page and I'll consider.

The deadline for all activity is Sunday 16th Oct.

I can say at this stage anyone who's seen the book layouts have looked at the photos in awe. The book is looking fantastic. A superb selection of photos. Makes me even prouder to be part of a fanastic collection of photographers Smile

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
12 Oct 2005 - 2:07 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

andytvcams
andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 - 2:20 AM

Pete,

when i tried to send using the link provided,it kept asking me to sign in as a member,

And it would not work (Bloody frustrating)in the end i sent mine by return email,asking if you had received them OK?,

As Ive not heard anything back,and i do appreciate what a task you have,

Ive no idea if you got them or not.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318446 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:18 AM

You have a few in Andy. I'll work out which/if any are missing in the next day or so and email you.

conrad
conrad  1010877 forum posts116 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:20 AM

Pete, may we assume that if those who uploaded images for the book didn't get any error messages, and no reminders in the mail, that the uploads were successful?

Conrad

Pete
12 Oct 2005 - 3:22 AM

yes that's correct Conrad

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1023100 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna33 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:26 AM

I've mailed Rose for a retry, Pete, but when I clicked on the last two requests for 'Sport' I got a photo deleted page....can't recall deleting any sports shots though.

No rush.
Wink

whipspeed
whipspeed e2 Member 104043 forum postswhipspeed vcard United Kingdom22 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:27 AM

Did you get mine ok Pete, I know it was a while ago now.

ardbeg77
ardbeg77  101214 forum posts Sao Tome and Principe6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:28 AM

Likewise Pete - would like another form for mine - mailed you yesterday - but no reply as yet.

mipettin
mipettin  10884 forum posts Scotland2 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:29 AM

-
Hi Pete

Do you propose to notify members who have had work accepted that they are definitely in the final version of the book - i.e. it may help shift more copies of the book.

I ask as I am under the impression that if permission has been sought to use an image or a larger version requested that this does not mean you'll be in the book that goes to the print press.

I've also seen a thread about how great the cover looks - is the cover available for view or is this folk in ePz towers that have physically seen a mock up?!

Cheers

Martin
-

andytvcams
andytvcams  1210396 forum posts United Kingdom
12 Oct 2005 - 3:30 AM

Cheers Pete.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139496 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:31 AM

Pete, I have obviously missed something here: perhaps I was in hospital at the time. I wasn't aware there was a "procedure". I assumed email was sufficient.

If you need anything further from me let me know! Smile

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014152 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:38 AM

Quote: Makes me even prouder to be part of a fanastic collection of photographers Smile

Isn't the collective noun click not collection Smile

ardbeg77
ardbeg77  101214 forum posts Sao Tome and Principe6 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 3:43 AM

That's almost worth a thread by itself Chris....Smile

Naturesview
12 Oct 2005 - 5:17 AM

The cover does look really good and think its going to be a really worthwhile book with all the great photographers on this site

answersonapostcard
answersonapostcard Site Moderator 1012607 forum postsanswersonapostcard vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
12 Oct 2005 - 5:22 AM

Martin the proposed cover is here for you to view.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.