Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ephotozine competitions

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

aftertherain
10 Apr 2011 - 10:54 AM

Here on EPZ there are masses of competitions and the staff work really hard getting sponsers to stump up great prizes.
But when all the fuss is over and the prize winners have been congratulated what happens then?
I, much to my suprise, won a competition in February, the prizes were a Wacom Tablet with airbrush pen and two tickets to Focus.
Unfortuantely the news about the tickets came too late for me to get a bargain price train ticket so I had to forego that portion of the prize.
And now it seems, despite Tricia sending numerous emails to Wacom and receiving various promises of items being sent out in the post I still haven't got my prize.
This is not the fault of EPZ the blame rests with Wacom PR and there's absolutely nothing I or the other 'winners' can do about it.

So the tardy competition sponser medal goes to 'WACOM'.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Apr 2011 - 10:54 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2011 - 11:02 AM

Normally things run really smoothly and prizes are distributed soon after we announce the winner. We have hiccups with the Christmas comp be ause of the mass of prizes and sponsors, but the monthly ones usually go well. The second place in your competition got his prize ok as I was involved in handing it to him at Focus. If Tricia is aware of the problem she will sort it and I will add my apologies for the tardy service.

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2011 - 11:12 AM

That's very bad of Wacom.
I have won a few times in EPZ, and received my prizes promptly. Sometimes even within a week result was announced.

User_Removed
10 Apr 2011 - 12:37 PM

that's not bad it's c**p. It is really nice to win a comp so when something like this happens it really takes the edge off it. If they had anything about them they would upgrade the prize by way of an apology. Another example of a company that has got too big for it's boots

SophieHart
10 Apr 2011 - 1:40 PM

Wacom customer support is appalling.

cameracat
cameracat  108578 forum posts Norfolk Island61 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2011 - 1:48 PM

If you think thats bad, I know someone who won a comp in a well known photo mag ( Not AP )....Smile

The prize was a bunch of Sandisk stuff, Card reader, CF Memory cards and some other Sandisk products....Grin

The lucky winner finally got all the goodies some 11 months later, That was following numerous e mails to numerous persons at the magazine in question.

Sandisk " NEVER " did supply the goods, Not never.....!!!!!!!!!

The goodies where finally supplied by the " Editor " of the magazine, Out of his own pocket and came via his own account at Warehouse Express.....Smile

That was his way of apologizing for the useless sponsorship deal, That " Sandisk " was supposed to honour....!!!

The Editor is a top man for finally sorting it out, No doubt he was recompensed ( I hope )....Smile

But why are these company's allowed to get away with such behavior, Presumably they agreed to sponsor in the first place, No doubt for some sort of advertising deal.

GGGgggrrrrrrr......Rant over.....back on my head.....Wink

redsnappa
redsnappa  111916 forum posts United Kingdom
10 Apr 2011 - 1:54 PM

Quote: Wacom customer support is appalling.

So is their driver suport, it took them close to 18 months to get a stable Windows 7 drivers for my older tabler (Intous 2) & then I had to download it from their US site because it was not listed on their UK website.

By the way, I also won my Wacon Tablet in a competition & because the covering letter from Wacom just said "congratulations in winning the competition" to this day I have no idea which competion I won it in as I entered quite a few during the previous months.

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Apr 2011 - 3:28 PM

Sounds more like a lottery than a competition Smile

aftertherain
10 Apr 2011 - 9:12 PM

Quote: It is really nice to win a comp so when something like this happens it really takes the edge off it.

That's exactly how I feel.

I've been lucky in a few draws on EPZ and I know prizes do normally arrive in reasonable time and of course you have to be polite to sponsers/advertisers so Tricia is between a rock and a hard place when trying to get them to send out the items.

guitarman74uk
11 Apr 2011 - 10:18 AM

Hi! I'm very honored to won the second prize for this photo competition but I still have not received the prize yet. Pete mentioned that it was handed out in the FOCUS exhibition but I was not able to attend the event. I did e-mailed Tricia requesting that it could be sent through post. Can the confusion be clarified please. Thanks.Smile

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2011 - 10:26 AM

Quote: Can the confusion be clarified please.

Whoops my mistake - third place winner accepting prize at focus

KenTaylor
KenTaylor e2 Member 102980 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
11 Apr 2011 - 10:27 AM

Looks like a busy time for Tricia

Tricia
Tricia e2 Member 9325 forum postsTricia vcard Ireland
11 Apr 2011 - 10:38 AM

Hi Joan & Nathaniel,

I sent your emails onto Wacom and just called them again now. They are finding out now what is happening and getting back to me a.s.a.p.
We never usually have this problem, so apologies all round. Everything is sorted now and the prizes are on the way as per my emails to you both. Again apologies on behalf of Wacom as it is not standard.

Regards
Tricia
P.S. 4 of Vanguard (April) winners already have their prizes, so this is not normal, please don't let it discourage you from entering the competitions.

Last Modified By Tricia at 11 Apr 2011 - 4:59 PM Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
sabine_wacom
12 Apr 2011 - 8:29 AM

“Hello everybody,

We are very sorry for the delay in sending products to the competition winners. There was a slight delay with logistics, however they are now on their way and the winners have been informed. The products are being sent from Germany, so they should arrive in a few days.

Kind regards,

Sabine Mende @ Wacom Europe”

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
aftertherain
12 Apr 2011 - 10:28 AM

I now have a tracking number and it seems my prize is on its way I'll post again when it arrives.
Tricia is obviously Pete's 'kick ass' girl for things like this Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.