Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine Developer API

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

50% OFF new PortraitPro 12, plus EXTRA 5% OFF code EPHZROS414
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72238 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:12 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to gauge the interest the community might have in a developer API to tap into ePHOTOzine. Are there any developers out there who would be interested in working with a developer API?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:12 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Big Bri
    Big Bri  1215517 forum posts England
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:20 PM

For what purpose ? Would there be any restrictions on usage ?

digicammad
    digicammad e2 Member 1021988 forum postsdigicammad vcard United Kingdom37 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:22 PM

Maybe you could persuade somebody to develop the iPhone app. Tongue

Big Bri
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:24 PM

I was thinking Android myself.....

Big Bri
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:24 PM

Or possibly use it to auto-spam the site .....

Wink

(only kidding David)

davidburleson
    davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72238 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:37 PM

If we were to create a public API, it would probably initially be read-only. No doubt we would put some usage monitoring to ensure no one is using it to heavy. Eventually we could then create write access calls too.

There will probably be restrictions in place when it comes to user data and photos.

It's just an initial query to see what sort of interest is out there (if any) from developers. Would it be something you would want to work with?

Big Bri
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:40 PM

I'm still curious what you think the need is for this ? Are you assuming someone would like to write an EPZ-reader app ? If so, would that person be able to sell the app, or would there be restrictions or license payments ?

davidburleson
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:46 PM

Quote: I'm still curious what you think the need is for this ?

That's partially the reason for the topic. To see if there is any interest/need for this. I'm sure you would agree that public APIs have done wonders for many other websites, but there must be an interest and desire from some developers before doing so.

Lets say the restrictions/licences are as open as flickr's api (as an example). Feel free to comment on what YOU think the restrictions/licences should be.

Big Bri
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:51 PM

OK, let me rephrase.... if there were a public API, there's a high chance that I would use it to build an Android app. I do not expect such an app would sell for a lot of money, so I would not want to spent time building it, just to find an invoice for XK from Pete in my inbox Smile

davidburleson
    15 Nov 2011 - 4:54 PM

lol, I think as an initial thought, a public API would be provided to encourage development, not as a way to con developers into paying us money. If anything, maybe we could find a way to pay developers for there contribution to revenue generated via apps they create. Again, just talkin, nothing is in stone here.

Big Bri
    15 Nov 2011 - 5:16 PM

OK, then yes, I'd be interested. Ian will have to write the iPhone app though.....

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.