Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePhotozine Image Used on External Website

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    Georden
    Georden  3 England
    21 Oct 2011 - 6:33 PM

Hi there. My son was searchng the 'net, and came across one of my shots on a website. It is credited to me, and states it is from ePhotozine. Maybe I missed the point somewhere, but I thought I had read that ePhotozine had our copyright covered? Perhaps I just don't understand how this works. Could someone enlighten me please?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    21 Oct 2011 - 6:33 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    21 Oct 2011 - 6:36 PM

You've got this wrong. ePz make it a little harder for people to steal images uploaded but not impossible. Nobody can make it impossible.

User_Removed
    21 Oct 2011 - 6:46 PM

Quote: Nobody can make it impossible

Absolutely.

Post ANY image on the internet - and it's 'fair game'.

Yes - you own the © but... Smile

Georden
    Georden  3 England
    21 Oct 2011 - 6:50 PM

Fair enough. I don't really have a problem with it, I just wondered if this was normal. Thanks for the feedback!

User_Removed
    21 Oct 2011 - 7:01 PM

More than normal... it seems to be standard practice and works like this:

Mrs G trawls the internet looking for the nicest images of a genre she can find.

She then collects them all together and posts them on her own website which, by definition, now contains a huge number of very attractive photographs.

She then signs up for a few dozen affiliate programmes that pay her so much per click-through and so much % on sales.

Punters are attracted to her website by the nice photos (including yours) and 0.005% of those punters click through to her client sites, thereby generating her income for her. It's the old internet story. Generate gazillions of hits of which a tiny percentage actually click through or buy anything and 0.00001% of £gazzilion is enough to buy an ice cream for the kids on Saturday.

Pete
    Pete Site Moderator 1318456 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
    21 Oct 2011 - 7:19 PM

It shouldn't be used with out your permission send a report in to us with a link to the site and image and we'll take a look.

Georden
    Georden  3 England
    23 Oct 2011 - 10:47 AM

Just to close this off, I contacted the site and they explained they are run by kids courteesy of a council grant. Setting up & running has been part of a learning curve, and they will make the appropriate changes to prevent such issues in the future. Matter closed.
    Thanks for all the cooments & assistance!

George

Britman
    Britman  81669 forum posts England
    23 Oct 2011 - 2:12 PM

Does show that sometimes images can be used in error, not everyone has even a basic knowledge of copyright. So might have used to imaging thinking it's ok. Nice to know is now closed.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.