Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine refresh

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
25 Feb 2014 - 11:48 AM

Just wanted to say that what I have looked at of the new look is very good. Looks alot more upmarket well done guys n gals!

Matt

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
25 Feb 2014 - 11:48 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Gaucho
Gaucho e2 Member 122260 forum postsGaucho vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 11:57 AM

I agree entirely and I like the new name even more Wink

KevinEllison
KevinEllison e2 Member 72507 forum postsKevinEllison vcard England
25 Feb 2014 - 12:02 PM

Quote: the new look is very good. Looks alot more upmarket well done guys n gals!

Agreed...! GrinGrin

MattB1987
MattB1987 e2 Member 2420 forum postsMattB1987 vcard England
25 Feb 2014 - 12:10 PM

Damn autocorrect hehe Smile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64438 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 12:12 PM

It looks so Clean SmileSmileSmile

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64438 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 12:19 PM

I have just put in a report re presentation of images as below:

Could I just point out that the background colour to the images only stretches out to the sides and not the tops and bottoms of the images as well. It looks very odd. Can the surrounding background colours be stretched to take in the whole image as it was before please?

Does anyone else think it looks odd, or is it just me?
I'm sure it's correctable.
x

Sezz
Sezz  9617 forum posts England15 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 12:19 PM

Looks slick, I like it - well done Team! Smile
Agree about the background colour on the images though!

Last Modified By Sezz at 25 Feb 2014 - 12:21 PM
franken
franken e2 Member 123132 forum postsfranken vcard Wales4 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 12:24 PM

Looks good to me!Smile

mrswoolybill
mrswoolybill Critique Team 7435 forum postsmrswoolybill vcard United Kingdom1024 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 12:31 PM

Quote: I have just put in a report re presentation of images as below:

Could I just point out that the background colour to the images only stretches out to the sides and not the tops and bottoms of the images as well. It looks very odd. Can the surrounding background colours be stretched to take in the whole image as it was before please?

Does anyone else think it looks odd, or is it just me?
I'm sure it's correctable.

Seconded. The background needs to be complete, top and bottom as well as sides.
It's my only quibble with the new look, I hope that it can be addressed.

pablophotographer

Ermmm

I am not fond of it. I understand it has geared up for people using mobile phones and it is pity. All the lettering in the boxes appears smaller that it used to be and it is not as friendly to people with vision problems, yes we are a minority but you wouldn't like to be in our position. It is also vertically orientated now in the sense it is understood that the viewers look it in a vertical format, my hardware's screen is horizontal, man is this a sign that we would also start to write as Chinese, from top to bottom? It is a good effort lads and ladies but not all efforts succeed in satisfactory results. Again, I know you can't satisfy everybody.

pablophotographer

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
25 Feb 2014 - 12:46 PM

@pablophotographer

It sounds like something isn't right with your display of the site. The font size has actually increased with the new design and provided that your window is wider than 991px, you should see everything in a similar layout as it was before, just themed differently.

If this isn't the case, I would suggest you submit a report with a screenshot of the problem.

ade_mcfade
ade_mcfade e2 Member 1014815 forum postsade_mcfade vcard England216 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 1:04 PM

Looking slick Wink

saltireblue
saltireblue Site Moderator 43922 forum postssaltireblue vcard Norway25 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 1:06 PM

Quote: Looking slick Wink

This is not the thread to be talking about yourself, AdeTongue

Liking the look of the site though.

Last Modified By saltireblue at 25 Feb 2014 - 1:07 PM
Ganto
Ganto  8769 forum posts Ireland2 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 1:08 PM

Looks great, guys. The gallery images do need a space on all edges though. Grin

TanyaH
TanyaH e2 Member 11532 forum postsTanyaH vcard United Kingdom40 Constructive Critique Points
25 Feb 2014 - 1:13 PM

Other than the fact that it happened while I was commenting on a photo earlier, which was a bit disconcerting, I'm getting used to it! I hate change anyway, but also understand that sometimes it has to happen Grin It's nice that the text size is larger (saves me using my glasses!) and it definitely looks cleaner all round, but also agree about the points above re gallery images.

Onwards and upwards!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.