Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

ePHOTOzine refresh

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72338 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
3 Mar 2014 - 4:56 PM

Hi SlowSong,

Depending on your browser, I would reset your browser settings or try another one. It sounds like something is broke in the browser. Also, review your add-ons/extensions and remove any that you don't need.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
3 Mar 2014 - 4:56 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64344 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2014 - 5:08 PM

Hi David.
Well that's strange. I can't even get the Firefox drop downs to work, or FF to open. I'm a bit stumped now.

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64344 forum postsSlowSong vcard England28 Constructive Critique Points
3 Mar 2014 - 5:26 PM

OK, well I turned off and on again. After a bit of faffing about it sort of works again, but I've been having trouble with FF running slow for a week or so now anyway. Thanks for responding so quickly. I just hope it doesn't keep happening.
Cheers David
xxx

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72338 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
3 Mar 2014 - 7:44 PM

I'd probably suggest uninstalling Firefox completely and then downloading the latest copy and installing it again. And just to be on the safe side, I'd run Malwarebytes and your antivirus to rule out any nasties.

SlowSong
3 Mar 2014 - 7:59 PM

Thanks David. I'll see how I go. Not too great at techie stuff.
x

hobbs
hobbs  101222 forum posts United Kingdom
3 Mar 2014 - 11:45 PM

Just wanted to say well done with the site, making responsive sites isn't easy and you've done a good job. Responsive is the way to go as it means you only have to have one version of the site. There will always be quirks as older browsers don't cope well, mind it isn't ephotozines fault if someone is running an out of date browser.

SlowSong
4 Mar 2014 - 8:19 AM

Quote: There will always be quirks as older browsers don't cope well, mind it isn't ephotozines fault if someone is running an out of date browser.

I don't think anyone was suggesting that! Tongue

CathyT
CathyT e2 Member 87271 forum postsCathyT vcard United Kingdom18 Constructive Critique Points
5 Mar 2014 - 7:28 PM

Thumbs up guys...

SlowSong
6 Mar 2014 - 3:36 PM

Hiya, I'm back again.
David, I checked my FF and it's up to date and I have no add-ons. Today, once again, I can't upload via the Browse Computer button as it's greyed out and doesn't respond, although the multi-uploader seems to be OK. No drop down menus working again either.
Anything else I could try?
Thanks
Chris

Last Modified By SlowSong at 6 Mar 2014 - 3:38 PM
davidburleson
6 Mar 2014 - 4:25 PM

Hi Chris,

I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing FF. Something seems very very odd there which I've never heard of before. I'd also have a run with Malwarebytes.

David

SlowSong
6 Mar 2014 - 4:31 PM

Thanks David. I've just run CCleaner and shut down and restarted and it's now OK again, but I can't think why it keeps seizing up. It's only since the upgrade I've had this problem so have to assume it's something to do with that. But I'll try malwarebytes.
Thanks.

SlowSong
6 Mar 2014 - 5:08 PM

Nothing showed up after running Malware. Perhaps I should try Chrome instead of FF.
x

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318442 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
6 Mar 2014 - 5:30 PM

Chrome may give you the same problems...two fixes that I've read about:
Go to Firefox Tools>Options>Advanced tab and turn of "use hardware acceleration when available".

If you're using a wireless mouse that can cause the issues (apparently) and will either need the sensor cleaning or mouse changing
Worth a try

SlowSong
6 Mar 2014 - 5:49 PM

OK, found the use hardware thing and turned it off. Am not using a wireless mouse. So I'll see what happens now.
Thanks Pete.
xxx

davidburleson
6 Mar 2014 - 8:34 PM

@SlowSong

This sounds similar to your problem with drop down selection boxes. The top solution might solve the problem:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/975229

Further down it provides a link on how to reset Firefox preferences.

Last Modified By davidburleson at 6 Mar 2014 - 8:34 PM

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.