Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Ephotozine will get me fired !!!

tigerminx 10 237 South Africa
18 Feb 2005 7:13AM
I swear one of these days I will get fired for spending so much time on this site... Have to admit I am addicted... Anyone else?

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

phowtow 10 46
18 Feb 2005 7:16AM
addicted?

im on methazine (the chemical substitute for Ephotozine). still not working tho, im a junkie.

chris
digicammad 11 22.0k 37 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2005 7:16AM
Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Luckily I can spend time on here whilst I am waiting for things to run, so my productivity is still more than most of the others around here. :0)

I also get withdrawal symptoms when (like now) I haven't posted a photo for a while.

Ian
conrad 10 10.9k 116
18 Feb 2005 7:23AM
Know exactly how you feel. Luckily I can get a sort of fix by just checking the forum and the gallery now and then. I just keep my browser open on EPZ, and keep it on the task bar, and have an occasional look. Now and then I need to think about a sentence Im translating anyway, and its often good to be distracted by a completely different subject - photography, for instance... Smile And just as long as I restrict the more time-consuming things to official breaks, I should be safe. But addicted? Definitely!

Conrad
ewanrayment 10 718 1 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2005 9:51AM
Oh yes. Hooked.
janieb 10 166 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2005 9:59AM
oh yes I am hooked but no real need to worry about that because on Monday I am resigning hehehehehe
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2005 10:23AM
Hello, I have a 'friend' who has a problem with this site. She cannot stay away for long periods of time for fear of missing somehthing. Her whole life has taken a slower pace it it takes twice as long to get anything done as she just has to keep coming back to touch base..I should be painting the walls, I mean, she should be painting walls, but instead I just know she is lurking on here somewhere....
conrad 10 10.9k 116
18 Feb 2005 11:22AM
Jeanie, you ... errr, I mean, your "friend" sounds like she needs to go to EPZers Anonymous... Wink

Conrad
jeanie e2
10 6.0k 6 United Kingdom
18 Feb 2005 12:38PM
Yes Conrad, I think you are right. I will pass on the message lol!

Jeanie
vfr400 13 886
18 Feb 2005 3:18PM
I just wish Pete would make the Pentax image at the top of the screen a lot less obvious! I am always getting snide remarks "you on that Pentax site AGAIN".

chris
u08mcb 10 5.8k
18 Feb 2005 3:20PM
I used to hurriedly switch to an access database at work when the boss came in, but gradually my guard lowered until, if I was waiting on data to come in, I'd browse it ALL day. That was the best job I ever had...
ukuwi 10 476 1 England
18 Feb 2005 3:42PM
I however have found away to go cold turkey from this site without any withdrawal problems....

and if you think I am gonna tell you lot, you got another thing coming.

As I have realised that as the numbers continue to grow and grow on this site as it becomes ever more popular, A secret formula to cut your epz time to a third (yes a third) of what it currently is, is going to make me rich beyond my wildest dreams.

So invite all your freinds along to the site, I know I do.........
Anthony 13 5.6k 17 Scotland
18 Feb 2005 4:15PM
yup, I'm there too. I usually have a couple of browser windows open in work anyway, so another usually does'nt hurt, but it is easy to get lost in it and not get out in time, come close a few times. The trick is to read and look, and not interact, try it and see.
Morpyre e2
10 1.6k 8 Wales
18 Feb 2005 4:21PM
i'm definitely addicted to this great site but it is a good thing because it keeps my photography motivation level set to permanently 100% - i am always either creating a new photograph each day to post on the gallery or going through all my older photo's and put them threw my photoshopCS darkroom to make them presentable. i think i have posted about 93 photographs now since joining towards the end of last year. still hoping to achieve epz awards on here but that will hopefully come in time when my skill level reaches that sort of quality =)

the photographers works on this site are always such a great inspiration for me and i am taking full advantage of the great enjoyment i get from photography.

sod cold turkey, when something feels this good it is bloody right to keep using it lol =)

peter "morpyre" turner

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.