Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Epson 1290

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bledzo
    bledzo  165 forum posts United Kingdom
    14 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

A friend of mine decided to part with the above because the rollers no longer ? engaged/gripped the paper. He told me he had found a way to make it happen (gently pushing paper into the feed tray) but the expletives in doing so caused his wife to persuade him to buy a replacement model. Anyway my point is. Is there a way to make this old printer work or has it reached the end of it's life ?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    14 May 2012 - 12:18 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

bigalguitarpicker

I've had two Epson printers die on me after long service. In both cases a "Service Needed" message came up on screen. First time this happened I threw the printer in the bin and bought a new one. Second time, I contacted an Epson centre and made general enquiries about the cost of a repair. To look at it costs 20, deductible from the cost of repairs. The service man told me nobody had ever taken that option in that service centre. Neither did I. Repairs are pricey and even after a repair job, it's still an old printer. I found an Epson Photo 1400 on Amazon and bought it for about 200. I'm expecting to get years of printing from it - my last one, an R340 A4 printer saw me through HND Photography and a degree in Creative Imaging with all the reams of printing involved, plus lots of other printing work over a period of about 7 years. Junk it and buy a new one!Wink

bledzo
    14 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

Many thanks for your comments I totally agree. I guess after 10-12 years service it's to be expected.

mashwood10
    mashwood10 e2 Member 2mashwood10 vcard United Kingdom
    14 May 2012 - 1:20 PM

Strangely I had a 1290 and my prints were developing 'stripes' So, I thought it was time to have a new one :-(((. I purchased an Epson 1400 and it is amazing !!!

icphoto
    icphoto  12558 forum posts England
    14 May 2012 - 6:58 PM

Do I search for Epson printer re-setting software, its free and it worked for me to get a old printer up and running that was displaying the service message. As for the roller problem, try giving it a good clean and pass several sheets of cleaning paper through it. It could be that its jammed up with old paper debris. All worth doing, all for nowt. If it does not work then you can chuck it in the bin knowing that at least you tried. Wink

bledzo
    14 May 2012 - 9:18 PM

Don't ask me how but just tried it again after coming home from bowls and lo and behold it grabbed the paper. I think this was down to a majority verdict of....time to bin it ha ha . Many thanks for all comments.
    p.s lost at bowls maybe I should also threaten them with the skip Wink

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.