Take your photography to the next level and beyond...

• NEWS
  • REVIEWS
  • INSPIRATION
  • COMMUNITY
  • COMPETITIONS

Why not join for free today?

Join for Free

Your total photography experience starts here

PRIZES GALORE! Enter The ePHOTOzine Exclusive Christmas Prize Draw; Over £10,000 Worth of Prizes! Plus A Gift For Everybody On Christmas Day!

Epson 1400 & CIS options

jholmes 6 8 Ireland
19 Feb 2012 10:52AM
I have an Epson 1400 and I am looking for for a CIS system to go with it. There are two options I am considering, there are the 'Bigfoot' CIS system from Injetfly in the US or the Fotospeed Inkflow system in the UK.

Does any one have any positive or negative experience of either ? or a recommendation for another option ?.

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

19 Feb 2012 11:46AM
I use http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/catalogue/Refillable-Ink-Cartridges/Epson/Stylus-Photo-1400.html that ink with their refill carts and fotospeed papers with custom profiles made for me free from fotospeed.
I have had many a cis kits in the past and to be honest I prefer to just refill the carts now, not had any problems with them.
Black and White prints once the ink and paper profiles are installed come out perfect no colour casts etc, and colour is also spot on.
Amazing results.
jholmes 6 8 Ireland
26 Feb 2012 9:03AM
Thanks for the feedback. Are these cartridges easy to refill & how long do that last before the physical cartridge needs to be dumped and replaced ?.
dcash29 9 2.0k England
26 Feb 2012 11:17AM
I think this is what you want. I have one of these although pigment on my r2400

http://www.inkexpress.co.uk/catalogue/Ink-Systems/Epson/Stylus-Photo-1400.html
28 Feb 2012 5:32PM
almost got it... planning to get it Wink have been using Epson in college and planning to invest into one

Sign In

You must be a member to leave a comment.

ePHOTOzine, the web's friendliest photography community.

Join For Free

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more.