Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Epson Photo R2400 communication error

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:00 PM

I am printing from Photoshop CS5 on a Mac Pro and sometimes the Epson R2400 gives me a communication error message, and won't finish printing. Sometimes it prints fine. This has been happening for a while and is very irritating cos it wastes paper and ink Sad. Turning the printer off between prints may be helping (but it wastes ink, and as the fault is intermittent, I don't know it is helping). Has anyone got any ideas, pleae?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:00 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

justin c
    justin c  104512 forum posts England36 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:06 PM

The first course of action would be to completely uninstall all of the Epson drivers. Make sure you have the very latest driver version and reinstall.

I occasionally had the same problem on my old Epson 1290. Absolutely infuriating watching an expensive new sheet of A3+ paper get ruined Sad. The problem seemed to disappear as quickly as it appeared, with no further issues, but unfortunately I can't pin point exactly what the cause was. Try googling Epson Communication Error and I'm sure that'll throw up lots of information as it's certainly not an isolated incident.
    Good luck and I hope you get it sorted out.

SueEley
    SueEley e2 Member 8271 forum postsSueEley vcard Wales96 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:19 PM

Thanks. Yeah - disappears and reappears. Just printed 3 on the trot without switching off, fingers and everything else crossed for number four!

SueEley
    3 Mar 2012 - 6:20 PM

And number 4 bombed. I have the right drivers for my OS etc. but I suppose I should check there are no newer ones.

Last Modified By SueEley at 3 Mar 2012 - 6:21 PM
    loweskid
    loweskid  122042 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Mar 2012 - 12:02 PM

How long is your USB cable? I had this problem once when I moved my printer further away from the computer and used an extension cable. I put it back how it was originally and the problem went. Also, it might be a fault in the cable itself (used to have lots of problems with intermittent cable faults in my former 'day job') - try a new USB cable, as short as possible.

KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92972 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Mar 2012 - 12:37 PM

Apart from a faulty cable the USB port on the computer might be iffy.
    A new cable and alternative USB port may be an answer.

SueEley
    4 Mar 2012 - 2:05 PM

Thanks. I think maybe the usb is the answer, as sometimes the machine tells me that I have unplugged something improperly when I turn my office printer on and off and starts up my usb card reader for no reason, too. Probably a job for an Apple engineer! They can clean out 3 years of dust and fluff, while they are at it. Grin

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.