Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Epson Stylus Photo R 265 letting me down !

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

New PortraitPro 12 SALE + 10% OFF code EPZROS814
Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    pentaxpete
    3 Oct 2011 - 3:09 PM

Help !! I have an A4 Epson Stylus Photo model R 265 purchased from Amazon some years ago and had not much trouble until NOW --- the CYAN will not print and I have done many 'Nozzle Checks' and 'Head Cleanings' to no avail -- my kids need it for their Homework -- I did some A5 full colour prints only a week ago from their Digital cameras for Competitions -- NO PROBS --- suddenly the nozzle check indicates CYAN not printing and cannot clear it -- where can I get it looked at please ? Or shall I just keep 'Head Cleaning' using up the inks which have been changed several times during the process ......Thanks Folks --- Peter.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    3 Oct 2011 - 3:09 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    3 Oct 2011 - 3:33 PM

There are currently three on eBay at 99p, 4.99 and 9.99 respectively. It might be worth buying a cheapie one for spares.

guidoa
    guidoa  121325 forum posts United Kingdom
    3 Oct 2011 - 4:25 PM

From my own experience it is not cost effective to have a printer like this "looked at". The cost will far outweigh the cost of a replacement.

mattw
    mattw  105189 forum posts United Kingdom10 Constructive Critique Points
    3 Oct 2011 - 4:36 PM

At the R265 price range, you can buy a new printer complete with set of cartidges for less than a set of Catridges for the old (R265) printer

rambler
    rambler e2 Member 6469 forum postsrambler vcard England14 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2011 - 12:05 AM

Are you using epson cartidges, I had one of these printers and it would not print using non epson cartridges no matter how they were chipped. It also used most of the ink cleaning itself, eventually the same thing happened to me as it has you, I binned it and bought a canon.

pentaxpete
    4 Oct 2011 - 9:07 AM

I use 'compatible' cartridges as my printer was made before the April 2007 'deadline' when Epson put in some 'chip' to stop the use of non-Epson inks --- had to do a cleaning only a few times and each time it cleared the nozzle OK and would print perfectly with the 7 Day Shop or the Choice Stationery inks.
    Thanks for all your views anyway .

strawman
    strawman  1022006 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2011 - 9:30 AM

There is a chance you have clogged the head and possibly the non-epson ink has played a part. You can get cleaning fluid cartridges to run through it but to be honest given how low cost the R265 was compared to inks (mine cost 5 new from memory) you are probably as well off getting a new printer. There is some logic in getting a Canon or HP printer if you are not going to use OE inks, as the heads are in the cartridge so much up the head and its not a expensive replacement. The Epson head is in the printer so its a more fatal issue.

adrian_w
    adrian_w e2 Member 73304 forum postsadrian_w vcard Scotland4 Constructive Critique Points
    4 Oct 2011 - 10:00 AM

I've got an Epson stylus R300 & normally use 7dayshop inks. last year the light magenta head clogged up & I used up 2 cartridges trying to clear it without success. In desperation I bought 1 Epson lt magenta cartridge & it cleared the head & printed Ok. Now back on the 7dayshop cartridges without problem.

Try using the Epson Cyan cartride to see if it will clear, then go back to the cheapies!

thewilliam
    4 Oct 2011 - 10:41 AM

We have a 285 and run it with a CISS. A few months back, the yellow nozzles blocked, so we bought a nozzle cleaning kit from Printhead Hospital and followed the instructions. Cured it for a while but nozzles keep blocking.

The printers are so cheap that it's not worth messing around so we've just bought an Epson P50 that takes the same CISS but not commissioned it yet.

One friend who's a research chemist with one of the major ink manufacturers told me that it's best never to mix inks. Start with the ink that you intend to use long-term.

pentaxpete
    4 Oct 2011 - 7:38 PM

Well many thanks to all you 'Experts' who responded and I have some GOOD NEWS !! ---- I had a go to look into the printer as I was given a link to a site that tells you how to unblock the nozzles but it was SO involved I didn't start taking it apart -- I must have moved the inks around lifting it up as when I tried another 'Nozzle Check' the Cyan started to show, so I did another 'Head Clean' and it CLEARED and now is working again with the 7day shop inks and their cheap Inkrite papers !! I printed some pics taken by my boy last Friday at the practical 'Macro Photography' evening at Brentwood Photographic Club and they were wonderful !
    C:\Documents and Settings\Time1\My Documents\Sample 03.jpg
    C:\Documents and Settings\Time1\My Documents\Sample 02.jpg

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.