Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Epson Stylus Photo 1290 - Quality Photo Paper for ?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    bledzo
    bledzo  269 forum posts United Kingdom
    7 Feb 2013 - 1:22 PM

Hello folks, I have recently acquired the above A3 printer. As I am sure you all know it is getting on a bit but still gives satisfactory prints. Anyway my point is I would like to hear from anyone their experience of using different types of paper to give more than satisfactory results. My current experimentation has been limited to Jessops Photo Gloss 240 gms and Staples Photo Premium Matt 270 gms. I have a test pack of A4 Permajet but for some reason cannot load the profiles or the 1290 does not recognise them. In short Paper and Ink are very expensive commodities and I just want competition quality results and hopefully my image are the equal of to do both printer and paper justice. Also meant to add I use Elements 11 which I think is the reason for lack of print profile selection. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    7 Feb 2013 - 1:22 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

crookymonsta
    crookymonsta e2 Member 6697 forum postscrookymonsta vcard England10 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 4:32 PM

We have an Epson R2880 and are using Marrutt 265g Pro Photo Satin/Oyster paper. In club competitions the print quality is receiving extremely favourable comments from judges.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    7 Feb 2013 - 4:35 PM

Ditto the above. I love the Marrutt Photo Satin paper myself and too have had nice comments and enquiries re the surface. It has a lovely sheen to it and a very subtle texture.

Last Modified By SlowSong at 7 Feb 2013 - 4:36 PM
    bledzo
    8 Feb 2013 - 11:57 AM

Thanks crookymonsta and Slowsong and good luck with your future competition entries. Have you any Marrutt Paper preference for landscape and portrait images.

SlowSong
    SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
    8 Feb 2013 - 12:01 PM

Not personally as I don't really do landscapes or portraits. But I would think the satin would be suitable for all types. Perhaps if you want a harder and punchier image a gloss would be better, and some landscapes look very nice on matt paper, but it all depends on the subject and the look you're trying to achieve. If you contact Marrutt they'll send you a sample pack of their various papers so you can experiment. http://www.marrutt.com/inkjet-paper-professional-photographic-paper/professional...

Last Modified By SlowSong at 8 Feb 2013 - 12:02 PM
    bledzo
    8 Feb 2013 - 4:02 PM

Thanks, will contact Marrutt for sample pack and at least i can compare against permajet Smile

Dave_Canon
    10 Feb 2013 - 2:03 PM

I used to have a 1270 (exactly the same ink as the 1290) While I could produce some good colour prints it was a struggle to produce B&W. I also found that these dye based inks are fussy about paper but performance is excellent on Epson Premium Glossy and Epson Heavy Matte. You should also be aware that the 1270/90 inks react with these two papers to give archival properties; you will not get this with other papers. I certainly hung some pictures in a brightly lit place for 8 years and there were no obvious signs of fading or colour change.

Dave

bledzo
    10 Feb 2013 - 4:23 PM

I have installed ICC profiles for Epson and Permajet Papers but the option to select them is not there when using printing preferences with elements 11. What am I doing wrong ? I installed the trial version of CS6 and I had the ICC profiles mentioned available so wondering if it's a limitation within Elements 11, any advice appreciated. Mods please move post if you see fit to more appropriate forum ?

bledzo
    10 Feb 2013 - 7:47 PM

Please ignore my last post as I managed to sort things out and thanks again for replies .

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.