Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Epson Stylus Photo R2880 Inks

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    EOS_Snapper
    12 Jul 2012 - 8:10 PM

Guys,
    Just bought a Epson Stylus Photo R2880 on the strength of various reviews.
    My previous was a R340 which I still use for photo's up to A4.
    The inks for the R2880 are 87 in Amazon for a full set. I had beed using Jet Tec inks with the R340 but they tell me they do not supply inks for the R2880.
    So my question is simply this: has anyone used third party inks on their R2880 without the usual nozzle blockage and washy colours?
    I am not interested in the external fed setup so please don't mention them.
    Any Ideas ?
    Thanks in advance for your input.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    12 Jul 2012 - 8:10 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
    12 Jul 2012 - 9:17 PM

Since getting an R3000 I have been using only genuine Epson inks as I don't see the point in paying a lot of money for a (relatively) expensive printer and then getting poorer quality prints by using cheap ink.

However, of all the suppliers of "cloned" ink cartridges for Epson printers, the place with the best reputation seems to be Premier Ink and Photographic.

Draig37
    Draig37  7248 forum posts Wales
    12 Jul 2012 - 9:48 PM

yup

been using Fotospeed on both 2880 and now the 3000 for some years - never had a prob. Highly recommend them. I now use the Fotospeed refillable carts. before on the 2880 it was the CIS unit.

psiman
    psiman  10551 forum posts Wales
    12 Jul 2012 - 9:58 PM

I'd have to say that if you're bought a R2880, which I've got, and want to get the best from it, I believe you've either got to put up with Epson's admittedly bloody expensive cartridges or else invest in one of the better tube fed Continuous Ink Systems from Fotospeed or Permajet. In the 3 years that I've had my R2880 I've spent just over 350 on Epson's own inks, a lot of money I admit but I feel worth it for the quality and consistency of the prints I produce. I bought a complete spare set of cartridges when I bought the printer and now as soon as I replace a cartridge I order another from the cheapest supplier (normally Amazon).

Simon

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.