Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EPZ introduces Nikon Nation! (Sticky Topic)

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

jaclegau
jaclegau  4 Canada
10 Jun 2010 - 3:06 PM

Hi !
Love the site: informative and very friendly. Very good idea.

Jacques from Canada

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
10 Jun 2010 - 3:06 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

davidburleson
davidburleson ePHOTOzine Staff 72350 forum postsdavidburleson vcard United Kingdom
10 Jun 2010 - 5:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

Just popped in to let you all know that we have added a few more Nikon camera models to the gallery filter on Nikon Nation for your browsing enjoyment Smile

David

Helpful Post! This post was flagged as helpful
Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
10 Jun 2010 - 5:16 PM

What, like the E620 the E30 and the E3?

Wink

Just Jas
Just Jas  1225752 forum posts England1 Constructive Critique Points
11 Jun 2010 - 10:16 AM

Quote: Quote:How about Halina Hovel

A bit unfair! I have a very nice little Halina 500. Pressed steel top and base plates, auto, 40mm/f2.8 lens, hot shoe and weighs nearly as much as my 30D.

'Halina Happiness' is more near the mark! Wink

pal52
pal52  4 United Kingdom
15 Jun 2010 - 12:08 AM

great idea epz. i am a nikon user but enjoy the whole epz site.
there is something for everyone on here, what ever equipment you use
Thanks
Peter

HarrietH
HarrietH e2 Member 4265 forum postsHarrietH vcard Portugal
29 Jul 2010 - 5:01 PM

Well as a Nikon user I am delighted, but I think it is of interest to everyone even if they are not Nikon enthusiasts as so many of us are. In other words, I love it.

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139461 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 10:04 AM

We're still waiting for Canon Country, Sony Society, Pentax People and Olympus Outfit! Not to mention Fuji Folk, Pansonic Populace and the (very tiny) Leica Land.

So when are we getting them?? tongue-light.jpg greengrin-light.jpg

lobsterboy
lobsterboy Site Moderator 1014144 forum postslobsterboy vcard United Kingdom13 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 10:15 AM

I'm waiting for Hassleblad Hotties Smile

gaelldew
gaelldew  7270 forum posts United Kingdom
30 Jul 2010 - 10:34 AM

Quote: We're still waiting for Canon Country, Sony Society, Pentax People and Olympus Outfit! Not to mention Fuji Folk, Pansonic Populace and the (very tiny) Leica Land.

So when are we getting them??

What about Praktika People as well?

tj
tj ePHOTOzine Staff 111943 forum poststj vcard England
30 Jul 2010 - 10:50 AM

Quote: We're still waiting for Canon Country, Sony Society, Pentax People and Olympus Outfit! Not to mention Fuji Folk, Pansonic Populace and the (very tiny) Leica Land.

So when are we getting them??

Patience my dear Wink

Toonman
Toonman  71420 forum posts England2 Constructive Critique Points
30 Jul 2010 - 5:34 PM

You missed 'Samsung saddo's' Wink

picalo
picalo  1
30 Oct 2012 - 3:50 PM

What is the pro and cons of these mirrorless versions?

Keep hearing about them but can't find anything specific about them.

User_Removed
30 Oct 2012 - 5:35 PM

The main advantage of a mirrorless camera is that it has no mirror and can, therefore be made smaller, quieter and with less vibration. Disadvantage is that you can't have a reflex optical viewfinder.

petebfrance
30 Oct 2012 - 6:12 PM

Quote: ...and with less vibration

Without wanting to start an argument, there has been some discussion about the vibration caused by the shutter in mirrorless cameras. This, I believe, is because instead of the DSLR cycle:
- raise mirror
- open shutter
- close shutter
- return mirror
the standard mirrorless cycle is:
- close shutter
- open shutter
- close shutter
- open shutter
so the vibration caused by raising the mirror is replaced by the vibration caused by opening the shutter (presuming it is a focal plane shutter). This can be a greater or lesser problem depending on the type of shutter, use of 'electronic shutter' etc. but whereas there may be a mirror lock-up function on a DSLR getting round the vibration problem on mirrorless cameras would require a different approach.

Anyway, have a read of this and see what you think:
Shutter Shock

Pete

Last Modified By petebfrance at 30 Oct 2012 - 6:18 PM
LenShepherd
LenShepherd e2 Member 62481 forum postsLenShepherd vcard United Kingdom
24 Mar 2013 - 12:10 PM

Quote: .
so the vibration caused by raising the mirror is replaced by the vibration caused by opening the shutter (presuming it is a focal plane shutter).
Pete

Hi Pete
Just found this old query with no reply.
Your assumption is not quite accurate in that with a conventional DSLR shutter opening and closing vibration follows mirror up vibration.
While shutter up is usually the biggest cause of vibration many DSLR cameras have a facility for mirror up or shutter opening delay which can be used at shutter speeds where vibration is likely to be an issue.
The effect of the shutter starting to close has a negligible or nil effect on image sharpness.
The smaller the sensor the smaller the shutter curtains are, so less weight and less vibration. For the same viewfinder angle of view I find DX has slightly less camera shake than FX. My P7700 compact seems to have even less vibration, though as far as I know it does not have a focal plane shutter.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.