Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EPZ Member wins APOY 2012 overall title.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

derekhansen
derekhansen e2 Member 5184 forum postsderekhansen vcard United Kingdom23 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:14 PM

I thought that members would like to know that fellow EPZ'r Dan Deakin has won first prize in this years Amateur Photographer of the Year competition staged by Amateur Photographer magazine. For those that dont read or follow AP the competition comprises 10 rounds of differing photographic disciplines ie Portrait, Landscape, Mono, Street etc. Consistency and skill in all areas is the key to overall success in this competition where points are awarded to the top 30 entrants per round. Dan built up an unassailable lead managing to be selected for points and publication in almost every round.
So well done Dan on your fantastic achievement.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
17 Dec 2012 - 4:14 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Pete
Pete Site Moderator 1318443 forum postsPete vcard ePz Advertiser England96 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:28 PM

Brilliant achievement. Well done Dan! Grin

dandeakin
dandeakin  6201 forum posts England3 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:31 PM

Thanks very much Derek, and Pete. Havnt seen the magazine yet but I'm told there's an interview in tomorrows edition.. Thanks again for the kind words , Dan.

Last Modified By dandeakin at 17 Dec 2012 - 4:32 PM
cats_123
cats_123 e2 Member 104023 forum postscats_123 vcard Northern Ireland25 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:33 PM

very well done..have stopped buying it recently but will have a look behind the cushions for a few coppers WinkGrin

ikett
ikett  4351 forum posts England
17 Dec 2012 - 4:44 PM

It seems this site has more talent than at first meets the eye, going off the number of awards from other off site competions members win, it'sgot to be a good place to be.

I don't know you Dan but warmest congratulations.

dandeakin
17 Dec 2012 - 4:55 PM

Thanks very much. There's at least two previous winners on the site including KathyW and seanslevin. I havnt seen the final results but Derek was 5th overall at the end of last month. Thanks again...

SlowSong
SlowSong e2 Member 64430 forum postsSlowSong vcard England29 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 4:57 PM

Congrats Dan. Looking forward to seeing the mag tomorrow.
And yet another EPZer wins this prestigious competition. Smile

timecapturer
17 Dec 2012 - 5:02 PM

Congratulations Dan! Looked at your gallery and from what I have seen it is no surprise.
Awesome and original work all immaculately executed and presented.
Well done, thoroughly deserved I'm sure.

Brian D.

dandeakin
17 Dec 2012 - 5:12 PM

Thanks alot, much appreciated...

AlexandraSD
17 Dec 2012 - 6:28 PM

Well done xhugzx Grin

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 6:38 PM

Well done all!

User_Removed
17 Dec 2012 - 8:26 PM

Well done indeed Dan. You must be on 'Cloud Nine'...

Niknut
Niknut e2 Member 4591 forum postsNiknut vcard United Kingdom62 Constructive Critique Points
17 Dec 2012 - 8:32 PM

Congratulations Dan !!!....well deserved......I've been watching your progress over the months, & the outcome was inevitable, well done !

dandeakin
17 Dec 2012 - 9:02 PM

Many thanks, I heard last month but had to keep quiet which made it quite a long wait... Looking forward to getting the magazine and hoping that I don't come accross Too badly in their interviewSmile

AnneWorner
AnneWorner e2 Member 6608 forum postsAnneWorner vcard United States42 Constructive Critique Points
1 Feb 2013 - 11:18 PM

Well done, and congratulations!

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.