Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EPZ's FIRST Ever Junior Meet!

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

MrsS
MrsS  84527 forum posts England18 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 7:19 PM

For those of you who didn't know - - we held our first ever EPZ meet just for Juniors today at the Barn Owl Centre, thanks to the generosity of Vince Jones.

WHAT A BRILL DAY!!!!!!

Huge Thanks to Vince for all his hard work and effort and to Val for giving up her day and supplying goodies!

Also, HUGE Thanks to all the chauffeurs and the Juniors themselves - - you are a real credit to yourselves and amazing ambassadors for photography - - Thanks for making all Vince's effort really worthwhile.

There is now a meeting page set up - - (with permission from all the parents) so please add yourself to the list and let's see your images in there.

Can't wait for the next one now!

Fran xx

Last Modified By MrsS at 7 Mar 2009 - 7:24 PM
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
7 Mar 2009 - 7:19 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

User_Removed
7 Mar 2009 - 7:31 PM

Well done Fran and all the junior members (and their families! Wink) who made it happen.

Last Modified By User_Removed at 7 Mar 2009 - 7:32 PM
VinceJones
7 Mar 2009 - 7:48 PM

Fair play Fran, it's about time the Juniors got noticed on here more than they do, so well done for being loud about it. To work with the Juniors today was awesome & fair play they all behaved like professionals especially the youngest one who I think was only aged 7.

Well done too to Val for helping out & for the parents who supported the day, a big pat on the back to you all!

If any of the juniors struggled with today, there is always another day. Practice, practice & practice.

Vince

Last Modified By VinceJones at 7 Mar 2009 - 7:49 PM
Geraint
Geraint  8715 forum posts Wales34 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 8:07 PM

Congratulations to you all!

Billyray
Billyray  670 forum posts United Kingdom3 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 8:49 PM

Fran. What a great thing to do for the younger members.
Ray

Lorna93
Lorna93  5 United Kingdom
7 Mar 2009 - 9:00 PM

Ok Fran - I've got one uploaded. Time for bed - very happy but tired Smile

Many thanks to all who helped to set this up!

Lorna

thearmsofvenusdemilo

Congrats well done hope you all had a ball!!!!

daviewat
daviewat  104104 forum posts Scotland
7 Mar 2009 - 9:03 PM

Good on you Fran its a good thing to do dear Smile

Maybay you can instill some discipline on those senior meets sometime !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smile he he

D

xxx

Coleslaw
Coleslaw e2 Member 913403 forum postsColeslaw vcard Wales28 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 9:07 PM

Well done, Vince, a shy but great man.

MrsS
7 Mar 2009 - 9:12 PM

Well said, Cole. None of this would have happened without him generously giving the Juniors the free run of the Centre and his tireless efforts to produce fabulous photographic opportunities for them for the entire time we were there Smile

F x

NexusImages
7 Mar 2009 - 9:37 PM

What a really cool day it was. Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Vince, Fran and Val for making it happen. I'm bushed, Bruffy is asleep on top of the bed (still in his clothes) and Emily has just asked to go to bed (!)....but what an experience for her. Can't thank you all enough. Excellent bunch of young adults and kids, all impeccably behaved.
Mand.x. (with NO Y mrs Ashton!)
oh and btw, that light has gone off now!

MrsS
7 Mar 2009 - 9:46 PM

Quote: Mand.x. (with NO Y mrs Ashton!)

read & understood, Mand!
love
MISS Ashton Wink

Angi_Wallace
7 Mar 2009 - 11:03 PM

Well I only attended the last 30-45 minutes of the meeting today whilst collecting my daughter and I have to say that there was such a lovely friendly atmosphere.
Vince obviously has a bond with the birds and was incredibly kind, and patient with the attendees. Whilst Val and Fran certainly helped by welcoming everyone and looking after them. It looked like all attending were totally engrossed and there are certainly some fantastic images as a result.
I think you all deserve a pat on the back for organising and holding such a fun day for our budding professional toggers.
If ever you need a helping hand with similar meetings in the south west then please do remember to ask me, i would be more than willing to help in anyway that I can.
Angi

Badger
Badger  124736 forum posts United Kingdom20 Constructive Critique Points
7 Mar 2009 - 11:42 PM

Well done to Vince and Fran for organising such a great day, reading about it and seeing a few results trickling through, it sure looks like a great success. It's amazing to see our younger members getting more involved.

Having been on one of Vince's days at the centre, it's clear to see his love for his birds and the passion he has to share his knowledge. Hopefully this type of event will become more frequent, with other members offering services to share knowledge, experience and unique opportunities to the Junior members.

tomcat
tomcat e2 Member 95916 forum poststomcat vcard United Kingdom15 Constructive Critique Points
8 Mar 2009 - 7:53 AM

So pleased it all went well Fran Smile

I knew you wouldn't be disappointed

Adrian

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.