Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EPZ v 500px

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

backbeat
backbeat  8134 forum posts United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 6:40 PM

I don't visit Epz as much as I used to at all, just because I'm so busy really, but I'm still very fond of it and I do try and post when I can, view and comment etc.

But, like most people these days, I view t'internet on a phone or tablet, and having checked out 500px, it's just so much easier to scroll though the images...Epz seems clunky and old fashioned in comparison.

Am I alone in thinking this, or do most folks like good ole Epz the way it is?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
21 Nov 2013 - 6:40 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8974 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 6:48 PM

I like epz on my desktop machine as for mobile I won't go there. For viewing images on a mobile device other photo related sites have it sorted long ago. Take away the competitions on epz and I think it would be just another site that had so much promise but failed. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I don't think im alone here.

Last Modified By GarethRobinson at 21 Nov 2013 - 6:52 PM
779HOB
779HOB  21018 forum posts United Kingdom
21 Nov 2013 - 7:07 PM

I haven't looked at EPZ on my phone for ages. I'm replying to this on my phone and think the site works well. In fact I think I might prefer the viewing gallery on my phone.

ikett
ikett  3339 forum posts England
21 Nov 2013 - 7:19 PM

Doesn't work on my android, super slow!

backbeat
21 Nov 2013 - 7:37 PM

I just checked if there was an iPad app, but none I'm afraid...unless someone can tell me differently?

GarethRobinson
GarethRobinson e2 Member 8974 forum postsGarethRobinson vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 7:50 PM

no ipad app

keithh
keithh e2 Member 1022904 forum postskeithh vcard Wallis and Futuna31 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 7:54 PM

Just went to 500px to read the news......ah maybe not.

So I thought, never mind I'll dig a couple reviews out.....mmm?

Not to fear I'm bound to learn something from their tutoria........oh.

Then I realised I'd just experienced a slicker Flickr.

backbeat
21 Nov 2013 - 8:20 PM

Yep, I know what your saying Keith, Epz is much more than an image slide show...I'm just saying that these days it seems very antiquated not to be able to scroll through images on a tablet.

I'm guessing Pete must have a good reason why they don't have that function...

Jestertheclown
21 Nov 2013 - 8:20 PM

It all depends on what you want from a site, I suppose.
I never look anywhere on here except the main gallery, sometimes the CG and the forums so in that respect Epz. holds no advantages (for me) over 500px, DPReview or many others.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of lifespan this thread has.

Graysta
Graysta  91134 forum posts England
21 Nov 2013 - 8:29 PM

Never have the time to phone browse but when clocked off this place does me nicely.

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 8:30 PM

I like EPZ for what it really is and that is a port to communicate between fellow photographers and I use EPZ as a learning tool as well as being inspired by others work.
I really like the community side to this site and am on it every day.
I use 500px, Flikr, and viewbug also to show off my best work but that's all i use them for, I find this site has more to offer than just a photo website, I find it a great learning tool as well.
I like the forums too.

ianrobinson
ianrobinson e2 Member 41107 forum postsianrobinson vcard United Kingdom8 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 8:36 PM

I have to say I have learnt more on this site than on any other site and you tube too.
I love reading all the stuff Pete and team put on here it's stuff I know but it's nice to re-emphasise what i already know just in case i have forgotten something important.
I love this site for everything it offers, the competitions are great too Smile.

The EPZ team do a fantastic job and I will always be using this site for something, even if it's just to have a read.

I don't use this site on my phone but i do use it on the I pad occasionally.

djh698
djh698  10709 forum posts Canada4 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 8:37 PM

I don't have a mobile telephone or tablet. I just use the computer and find that EPZ is a good site as I agree with the last comment about it being a good balance of photos,forums, competitions etc. In my opinion don't change for the sake of change
David

ianrobinson
21 Nov 2013 - 8:43 PM

Totally agree David, a well balanced site that works for everyone.

StuartAt
StuartAt e2 Member 91031 forum postsStuartAt vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
21 Nov 2013 - 9:03 PM

I use all of the sites mentioned, but find myself returning to EPZ more than the others for the balance of features. Yes, it can be slightly clunky to use on phone or tablet, but I tend not to use it there. I tend to visit for news, forums, connections and then the gallery.

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.