Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

EPZers subject preferences?

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    rictac2
    rictac2  10150 forum posts England
    15 Sep 2004 - 8:30 PM

While gazing at the galleries I thought I sensed some marked preferences for subjects - purely in terms of 'clicks' - and whiled away, out of curiosity, 10 minutes with a very rough and ready 'average' over the last 4 (x16 images) pages by subject.
    Landscapes 6+
    Sport/action 3
    Flowers 4+
    Animals 4+
    Portrait/peeps 6+
    Digi Manip appx 7

...now I wonder if this reflects our preferences for subjects, or the skill of EPZers in particular subject coverage?
    Or if it matters Wink
    Rich
    *Apologies if this is covering old ground, just read Ceri's post re colour blindness...oops

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    15 Sep 2004 - 8:30 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

u08mcb
    u08mcb  105817 forum posts
    15 Sep 2004 - 8:36 PM

Preference for subjects to view is in my case quite different to preference for subjects to photograph.

c_evans99
    c_evans99  107013 forum posts Wales1 Constructive Critique Points
    15 Sep 2004 - 9:40 PM

Landscape when outdoors - I've never been interested in macro, and haven't the patience for wildlife - still life indoors. would love to do portraits but my Iko' scares sitters off Smile

Ceri

LAF
    LAF  111735 forum posts
    15 Sep 2004 - 9:57 PM

My top interest would definately be wildlife. However, I've noticed that of recent I've clicked and commented disproportionately on scantily/un-clad women. This probably has more to do with the missus now living 200 miles away than than anyartistic bias though. I think...

Lee.

NB: Please forgive ant typos, my eyesight seems to be failing of recent Wink

mwatkins9801
    16 Sep 2004 - 12:38 AM

i think sometimes people are just interested in something different or unusual, no matter what the category. we are so conditioned to seeing 'snapshot' style photography here that something different makes the finger clic the thumb and check it out. my observation and personal experience.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.