Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

equal rights

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

55% OFF new PortraitPro 12 - use code EPHZROS414.
pcheywood
pcheywood  81300 forum posts England
1 Jul 2012 - 7:24 PM

Quote: Sooner we are all microchipped the better

Quote: Not much use if your blown into a million pieces Smile

In years to come I dont think we will need fingerprints, chips or ID cards.

DNA test would take moments instead of weeks or months Smile

How does 90 minutes suit you............... LINKY HERE

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links 
1 Jul 2012 - 7:24 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 7:26 PM

LOl looks like its already getting there, at some point it will probably just take seconds a bit like testing sugar levels Smile

RichardN00
RichardN00 e2 Member 7393 forum postsRichardN00 vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 7:43 PM

Gattaca is just around the corner Sad

User_Removed
1 Jul 2012 - 8:00 PM

We tolerate far more than we realise if you take into account the unauthorised use of street images from CCTV and the like...The tapes from surveilance video used to get wiped and reused..but with digital storage thousands of hours of our lives are on record...worried about chipping and ID cards?...dont waste your time...its here, by the back door, courtesy of the likes of Bin Laden and his ilk. My pet hate...airport security, is excused under the "terror label" as is "stop and search" and "holding without charge" so what makes people think that fighting the new measures will result in changes to the intended laws...sorry but the professional cynic in me says tackle something attainable....its far more rewarding.

Bluke
Bluke e2 Member 9299 forum postsBluke vcard United Kingdom1 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 8:14 PM

Well if you are an illegal worker and have no passport or no identification can't prove in which country you come from .. well you can just go free.....Yes I know its called bail but you are still free to go any were you want....Might just try that next time I get a pull with my cameras....Sad

Paul Morgan
Paul Morgan e2 Member 1214383 forum postsPaul Morgan vcard England6 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 8:56 PM

I`v always fancied handing myself in Smile

Carabosse
Carabosse e2 Member 1139367 forum postsCarabosse vcard England269 Constructive Critique Points
1 Jul 2012 - 10:04 PM

Quote: the police cannot keep photographs of people without criminal records or those not found guilty.

And how are they going to enforce that against the police? Multiple copies of digital photos can be kept all over the place.

Paul Morgan
1 Jul 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yeh somwhow I can`t see this changing.

Lol my daughter was cautioned, photographed and finger printed with out being found guilt of anything Smile

monstersnowman

Quote: the police cannot keep photographs of people without criminal records or those not found guilty.

And how are they going to enforce that against the police? Multiple copies of digital photos can be kept all over the place.

In respect of most issues the normal accusation against the police is that they aren't capable of organising a p**s up in a brewery and now we are saying they are collecting and storing, in an organised and retrievable and cross referencable manner, multiple organised copies of everyone's details ... Albeit those illegally held being in admissible in court and damaging to pretty much all subsequent investigative work ...

Which are they ? Buffoons or cunning, organised and efficient, investigative record holders ... I guess it depends on which drum you wish to bang on whatever day and about whichever particular issue .... one minute they couldn't find their own elbow and next they are masters of investigative genius utilising mass records to wheedle out everyone on the basis of a fingerprint for a minor offence 10 years ago ... I can't help laughing at this contradiction of bias. Lmao ...

Last Modified By monstersnowman at 2 Jul 2012 - 4:38 AM
NEWDIGIT
NEWDIGIT  3401 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jul 2012 - 8:34 AM

As part of my employment I was required to be fingerprinted photographed positively vetted and later had my eye retina scanned and also provided a DNA sample.
Do I have any problems with this info being retained by the security services even though I am now retired certainly not.

Does this ruling apply to photos taken in the police station or does it also apply to those taken at demonstrations etc.
If the later does this mean that if I take a street photo and there are people in the shot then am I breaking the law by retaining the image

mikehit
mikehit e2 Member 45761 forum postsmikehit vcard United Kingdom9 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 9:19 AM

Quote:

In years to come I dont think we will need fingerprints, chips or ID cards.

DNA test would take moments instead of weeks or months Smile

They already can. I've seen CSI and know the truth.

Britman
Britman  71669 forum posts England
2 Jul 2012 - 2:46 PM

Why don't we just get DNA sample from babies? Then it can be used to DNA profile people before they are even old enough to commit a crime. And while you at it, tag them with a chip just to make sure they have zero freedom as they get older.

"ahh I see from your records that you where in such an area yesterday evening, care to explain what you where doing?"

The mechanisms for a total police state are now in place. And by the way none of these thing will stop crime, none of it. But it will keep you 'innocents' in check, stop you getting any idea of changing the system.

keithh
keithh  1022557 forum posts Wallis and Futuna29 Constructive Critique Points
2 Jul 2012 - 2:49 PM

There are so maNy threads on this site that go on about a persons right to shoot whoever they wish on public property and to publish those photo's, yet when it's suggested that the police 'may' have a copy of your mug on file.........
Wink

llareggub
llareggub  3638 forum posts United Kingdom
2 Jul 2012 - 3:19 PM

Quote: There are so maNy threads on this site that go on about a persons right to shoot whoever they wish on public property and to publish those photo's, yet when it's suggested that the police 'may' have a copy of your mug on file.........
Wink

An interesting question however, when a photographer teaks a photograph of Joe Public the acceptable use of that photograph is defined in law and as a general rule it is not linked to any personal data. However when the "old bill" have a photograph of Joe Public it is either linked to personal information at which point its acceptable use needs to be defined in law, hence this ruling, or it is of no justifiable use to them, once again hence this ruling.

Paul Morgan
2 Jul 2012 - 4:35 PM

Quote: There are so maNy threads on this site that go on about a persons right to shoot whoever they wish on public property and to publish those photo's, yet when it's suggested that the police 'may' have a copy of your mug on file.........

I agree Smile

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
Password:
Remember me:
Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.