Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

Ereaders, any opinions.

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    KenTaylor
    KenTaylor e2 Member 92971 forum postsKenTaylor vcard United Kingdom2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2009 - 1:03 AM

Curious to know if anyone owns or used one. The price may not be cost effective at present while it does eliminate storing general paperbacks on shelves. I am sorely tempted.
    Ken

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    24 Jan 2009 - 1:03 AM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

StrayCat
    StrayCat  1014441 forum posts Canada2 Constructive Critique Points
    24 Jan 2009 - 2:30 AM

I have 2 e-books on my drive, both instructional. 123di.com and birsdasart.com.

There are lots of audio books available, which you can put on your MP3 player one at a time for your listening pleasure. Thay can be downloaded. I didn't mention Frostwire.com.

Last Modified By StrayCat at 24 Jan 2009 - 2:31 AM
    Andy80F
    Andy80F  11306 forum posts United Kingdom
    24 Jan 2009 - 7:05 AM

Just finished an ebook, Edgar Rice Burroughs "A Princcess of Mars" on my iPhone. It was a surprisingly pleasant read even on a relatively small screen, much better than trying to read a novel from a computer screen, and I have downloaded another four ebooks to read. However when the ereaders drop to a realistic price I'll get one of those just for the bigger screen but if I had the spare cash in my pocket now I'd get one even if the price probably is still a bit inflated.

Andy

da_nige
    da_nige  101153 forum posts Scotland
    24 Jan 2009 - 10:07 AM

My Mum has the Sony and loves it. The battery life is excellent due to no backlight (as is the norm with readers) and her few complaints are very minor.

The software provided is very easy to use and all in all was a good purchase.

She recently took it to the Carribean and saved so much weight in her luggage as she didnt have lots of paper books with her.

Complaints are

1. You don't know when your near the end of a chapter so you cant just flick thru to see like you do with a normal book.

2. The price of the books is a bit high and the Waterstones site is crap at best. She uses ebooks.com to download her books and they are cheaper but are in pdf. WH Smith and Waterstones seem to be the only sites to get epubs. They are both more expensive and harder to navigate round.

If you have any specific questions just ask and I'll get you answers

She (and I ) would highly recommend it.

Neil

ckristoff
    ckristoff  9936 forum posts Wales
    24 Jan 2009 - 6:26 PM

Friends,

these days it seems there's a gadget for everything!

I've got no problem really, with the idea of an E-reader. I've seen one in my local Sony shop and it would fit in the palm of your hand quite easily.

For me, it wouldn't work, for the same reason, I can't read text on a monitor, not for long periods anyway. If I come across a large article, I need to print it off - I prefer hard copy anyway.

I enjoy buying books, especially dirt cheap ones from Amazon for 1p plus postage. There's value for you boyo! Smile

Frank.

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.