Login or Join Now

Upload your photos, chat, win prizes and much more

Username:
Password:
Remember Me

Can't Access your Account?

New to ePHOTOzine? Join ePHOTOzine for free!

Like 0

err 1 message on my 40d

Join Now

Join ePHOTOzine, the friendliest photography community.

Upload photos, chat with photographers, win prizes and much more for free!

Leave a Comment
    • «
    • »
    ruby34
    ruby34  3 Scotland
    19 Jun 2012 - 9:54 PM

I cleaned the contacts and it worked once before the err 1 appeared again. I used Propan-2 to clean the contacts. My lens is a Canon 17-85. When I changed the lens the 40d worked perfectly. So does this mean bin the lens, and get another one?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links 
    19 Jun 2012 - 9:54 PM

Join ePHOTOzine for free and remove these adverts.

strawman
    strawman  1022010 forum posts United Kingdom16 Constructive Critique Points
    19 Jun 2012 - 10:58 PM

Generally the code indicates an error communicating with the lens. So have another go at cleaning the lens and camera contacts. If that does not work and if it is only that lens then try contacting a reputable service centre as it can probably be fixed for less than the price of a new one.

WhiteRose1
    WhiteRose1 e2 Member 41055 forum postsWhiteRose1 vcard England136 Constructive Critique Points
    20 Jun 2012 - 7:17 AM

Have a search of the forum, this has come up a couple of times in the recent past. The 17-85 seems to have had a problem with the wiring and the constant zooming causes a wire to come break. I had the same problem and the quotes I was given for repair were quite expensive (sorry, can't remember the figures) so I replaced it with the 15-85 (highly recommendable). I think others did actually get a reasonable repair cost.

ruby34
    ruby34  3 Scotland
    23 Jun 2012 - 2:46 PM

thank you all for your help with this

• «
    • »

Add a Comment

You must be a member to leave a comment

Username:
    Password:
    Remember me:
    Un-tick this box if you want to login each time you visit.